Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2018 Naish Slash

Forum for kitesurfers
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Slash

Postby clint2070 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am

topmick wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 am
clint2070 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 am
topmick wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 am

That's cool that it suites you, I was getting dragged off my board :lol:
Its funny to see people that ride switch kites talking poorly about any other kites. switch is right there with peter lyn and Star kites.
My post wasn't a piss take on your kite Clint, I was just laughing that I was getting pulled off my rail...you being a bigger kiter than me (73kg) would most definitely benifit from the extra power.
But hey, if you don't like kiters that ride Switch/Peter Lyn & Starkites - that's fine. :thumb:
its just hard to take someone seriously that flies the cheapest kites on the market.

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire
Has thanked: 0

Postby topmick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am

clint2070 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am
topmick wrote:
clint2070 wrote:

Its funny to see people that ride switch kites talking poorly about any other kites. switch is right there with peter lyn and Star kites.
My post wasn't a piss take on your kite Clint, I was just laughing that I was getting pulled off my rail...you being a bigger kiter than me (73kg) would most definitely benifit from the extra power.
But hey, if you don't like kiters that ride Switch/Peter Lyn & Starkites - that's fine. :thumb:
its just hard to take someone seriously that flies the cheapest kites on the market.
That's a fair call & I totally understand where your coming from. Only difference that I can see here is that I have ridden both kites so can offer an opinion.
Before Element 5s, I was riding Reo,s & before that AR Waves.
I'm def not a Naish hater, I love their control bars & light bar pressure...owned Parks & Chargers back in the day.
Before that North & Cabrinha...

Rant over.
These users thanked the author topmick for the post:
vakiter (Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:32 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Pellesurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pellesurf » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 am

topmick wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am
clint2070 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am
topmick wrote:

That's a fair call & I totally understand where your coming from. Only difference that I can see here is that I have ridden both kites so can offer an opinion.
Before Element 5s, I was riding Reo,s & before that AR Waves.
I'm def not a Naish hater, I love their control bars & light bar pressure...owned Parks & Chargers back in the day.
Before that North & Cabrinha...

Rant over.

topmick: It's great that you describe what you do not like with the Slash. I think it's important that you both describe what you experiencing as positive and negative. I'm reading this thread because trying to get an image of Slash, and if everyone just describes their positive experiences, the Slash image unfortunately will be wrong.

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm

stefarius wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm
Pellesurf wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm
stefarius wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Jep had the same!

It sounds a little strange if it's you who have written this review?
http://www.kitefinder.com/en/kites/1702 ... slash-2018
Why Pellesurf?
Stefarius, are you saying that your review below states that the Slash is a slow turning kite??? Also you rate it quick in kite reaction and also quite quick in slack line steering.

The Slash has a much better drift than the Pivot. If you are a Naish Fan and think about wave riding. Take the Slash! That said, a bit more nuanced. The Slash has a great bar feedback on all positions in the Wind Window. Where the Pivot sometimes loses its pressure, the Slash is always there! Faster turning, always control and Drift. Those are the main differences with the 2018 Naish Pivot. If you look at other wave kites, The 2018 Slash is one of the more aggressive wave kites. It's powerful in lift and down looping. The other side is that you have a sheet and go feel, with the option to downloop and chicken out chasing the wave down the line. Really, downloop and you'll gain a lot of speed! So The Naish Slash is a great wave kite with intention to bite.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Postby stefarius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm

Pellesurf wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 am
stefarius wrote:
Pellesurf wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm

It sounds a little strange if it's you who have written this review?
http://www.kitefinder.com/en/kites/1702 ... slash-2018
Why Pellesurf?

I think it's strange when you write that you also experience Slash as slow turning with too much pull, here in this forum. In your kitefinder review, you write the opposite way?
Hi Pellesurf, you have a good point of confusion. You probably referring to this review http://www.kitefinder.com/en/kites/1702 ... slash-2018
In my opinion, kite reaction is a part but not the same as a whole turning circle. The kite reaction is the experienced kite reaction when steering the control bar. The turning circle is the radius & fastness of the 360 circle the kite travels. The Slash reacts fast but the turning circle is slower. Why? That would be a fine discussion :-)

To thicken the discussion. The kite reaction has to do with the rigidity of the frame, bridle set-up and ... The turning circle is a fusion of shape and bridle set-up that gives the kite a certain pivot point. Talk about pivoting, the Naish Pivot has a square turning feel, other feel more round. Personal preferences can decide what to try & buy.

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm

topmick wrote:
clint2070 wrote:
topmick wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 am

That's cool that it suites you, I was getting dragged off my board :lol:
No worries Mick. I think you clarified a major reason why you would feel that it's slow if you compare one kite on 20 m lines with one on 24 m. Also it's definitely a preference thing with kites and what you want in a kite. I totally understand why you would feel it's too powerful at your weight or what you would look for in a kite.

It's always sensitive coming in to a thread and diss a kite especially if someone would suspect that the sole purpose is to just bash a brand. The more info the better.

Pellesurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7

Postby Pellesurf » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:31 pm

stefarius wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm
Pellesurf wrote:
stefarius wrote:

Why Pellesurf?

I think it's strange when you write that you also experience Slash as slow turning with too much pull, here in this forum. In your kitefinder review, you write the opposite way?
Hi Pellesurf, you have a good point of confusion. You probably referring to this review http://www.kitefinder.com/en/kites/1702 ... slash-2018
In my opinion, kite reaction is a part but not the same as a whole turning circle. The kite reaction is the experienced kite reaction when steering the control bar. The turning circle is the radius & fastness of the 360 circle the kite travels. The Slash reacts fast but the turning circle is slower. Why? That would be a fine discussion :-)

To thicken the discussion. The kite reaction has to do with the rigidity of the frame, bridle set-up and ... The turning circle is a fusion of shape and bridle set-up that gives the kite a certain pivot point. Talk about pivoting, the Naish Pivot has a square turning feel, other feel more round. Personal preferences can decide what to try & buy.

Hmm, yes, this will be very confusing. The turningspeed should be how fast the kite changes direction in the window. If you rotate the kite 360 ​​turningcircle, then it's a loop and it's not the same as the turningspeed. If you think Slash is slower than the Pivot in 360 turning circle, it's probably because the Slash makes a larger circle than Pivot, which generates more power. Pivot has the name for a reason, but I do not think it has with the turning speed to do. What you call reaction may be the same as what I think is the turningspeed, and you write that it is fast at the Slash.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Postby stefarius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Pellesurf wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:31 pm
stefarius wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm
Pellesurf wrote:

Hmm, yes, this will be very confusing. The turningspeed should be how fast the kite changes direction in the window. If you rotate the kite 360 ​​turningcircle, then it's a loop and it's not the same as the turningspeed. If you think Slash is slower than the Pivot in 360 turning circle, it's probably because the Slash makes a larger circle than Pivot, which generates more power. Pivot has the name for a reason, but I do not think it has with the turning speed to do. What you call reaction may be the same as what I think is the turningspeed, and you write that it is fast at the Slash.
:thumb:

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 am

magnusod wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm
topmick wrote:
clint2070 wrote:

No worries Mick. I think you clarified a major reason why you would feel that it's slow if you compare one kite on 20 m lines with one on 24 m. Also it's definitely a preference thing with kites and what you want in a kite. I totally understand why you would feel it's too powerful at your weight or what you would look for in a kite.

It's always sensitive coming in to a thread and diss a kite especially if someone would suspect that the sole purpose is to just bash a brand. The more info the better.
If its true what he says about getting yanked off his board than he possible was flying the wrong size slash. They have serious power which means you can fly smaller sizes. The power delivery is constant though so getting yanked off your board equates to just bad kite skills to me. I remember my kahoonas, If i looped my kite I wouldn't fly off my board but I wouldn't not only miss the upcoming section of the wave I was aiming for but would end up out running the entire wave ! I kited on my 12m today in 13-15mph and actually kitesurfer,foiled and Twin tipped on my 138 monarch. Waves could have been better though !
IMG_0117.JPG

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 am

It jumps good too w a TT ! Im not a TT guy but it launched me pretty good for only blowing 13-15mph and being on a 138x42 at 228lbs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”