Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2018 Naish Global

Forum for kitesurfers
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

2018 Naish Global

Postby clint2070 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am

Just got the new Naish Global 5'10"and Soloshot3 in the mail today. Ive refused to buy any kite constructed boards for years now my last 2 were the Slingshot verve that wasn't a bad board but it just sat in my closet and the 5'6" Vanguard which I loved but it was so heavy that I sold it and bought the 5'8" model in FST which Has lasted me a while now w/o issues. This new Global is only 7lbs w fins but no straps ! The construction of it almost feels like FST. I haven't ridden it yet but but it feels like a good board. Why doesn't it have a full deck pad on it though ? Not sure if I should wax it or find some deck pad to put in between the 2. Any suggestions on where to get a middle deck patch would be appreciated.
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_E0236.JPG

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2018 Naish Global

Postby Dirk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am

Nice looking board. You should have got the blue/grey Slash to match it :lol:
Rode various generations of Globals since 2010 and always liked them, apart from 2013. Still on the 2015. My 2018 Skater is on the way and they kept the full deck with this one. I would get something like this: https://www.rspro.org/collections/wax-is-for-candles

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:49 pm

wax

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Looks awesome. Sure it will be a great board. I'm on the fence between the Global & the S-Quad. Have had S-Quads in the past but they didn't have the speed that the thrusters did. Guessing the Global is a fast board.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:21 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am
Just got the new Naish Global 5'10"and Soloshot3 in the mail today. Ive refused to buy any kite constructed boards for years now my last 2 were the Slingshot verve that wasn't a bad board but it just sat in my closet and the 5'6" Vanguard which I loved but it was so heavy that I sold it and bought the 5'8" model in FST which Has lasted me a while now w/o issues. This new Global is only 7lbs w fins but no straps ! The construction of it almost feels like FST. I haven't ridden it yet but but it feels like a good board. Why doesn't it have a full deck pad on it though ? Not sure if I should wax it or find some deck pad to put in between the 2. Any suggestions on where to get a middle deck patch would be appreciated. IMG_0235.JPGIMG_E0236.JPG
AWESOME!!!!!

You do not need any wax between the pads. Naish has a type of paint that adds friction in water. Its nuts...never seen anything like it before. I mean its friction enough to drive upwind and and walk on, but not enough to make hardcore bottom turns and top tunrs...but your feet would not be in that position when doing that. So definitely test that before adding anything.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 pm

John Doe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm
Looks awesome. Sure it will be a great board. I'm on the fence between the Global & the S-Quad. Have had S-Quads in the past but they didn't have the speed that the thrusters did. Guessing the Global is a fast board.
Outside of a gun I have never been able to hold more speed on any board. I've had so much speed hitting the top of a wave the my legs gave in. The thruster along with the thin tail and nice tail rocker give a nice fan off the wave, and 100% control. Personally I think it is more the board shape than the number of fins....but a thruster is more adept at thin tails. :-)
You might get from this that I am a fan of the global :-)

DSZ
Frequent Poster
Weight: 188
Local Beach: New England
Favorite Beaches: Cape Ann, Cape Cod, Hatteras, Turks and Caicos.
Style: Prefer Surf
Gear: Airush Lithiums and Wave. Custom Amundson, BWS surfboards. Occasional Jamie Pro 139 TT

Postby DSZ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm

NSI will make you deck pads to any shape and they have lots of different colors.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 pm

tautologies wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 pm
John Doe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm
Outside of a gun I have never been able to hold more speed on any board. I've had so much speed hitting the top of a wave the my legs gave in. The thruster along with the thin tail and nice tail rocker give a nice fan off the wave, and 100% control. Personally I think it is more the board shape than the number of fins....but a thruster is more adept at thin tails. :-)
You might get from this that I am a fan of the global :-)
Yeah. The little bat tail is only like 3” wide. Hopefully get some wind soon. I’ve always hated production boards but I think I’ll like this one. I remember demoing the knee swacker in LV and it was so heavy I had to drag it to get water ! Haha. Slingshots boards are better now though.

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bushflyr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Don't bother with a pad in the middle. You never really step there and don't need the padding to help with heel dents and hard landings. I just put a bit of wax in the middle to keep from slipping off if I accidentally step on it, but that rarely happens. If you really hate wax hexatraction or some such is a lighter option since you seem very concerned about weight.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”