Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight FS reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am
The jury is out on Eleveight kites. We shall see.
I don't suppose being in West Sussex you are near enough to Unity watersports in Shoreham to test them out? Its a fair old trek for me to get there so I haven't had a chance (the perfect alignment of a day without family and not offshore wind) to drive over but they claim to have demo kites available. Might help to have a known person from the forum reviewing them?

NB. I have no brand affiliation but am interested as they have the correct combination of words in their marketing material to pique my interest and I am looking to get another couple of kites so trying to reduce the options.
Shoreham is about one hour for me if the road is clear, but it can easily take over 1-1/2 hours. As you say, trying to get an alignment of available time along with the tides and side/on wind is a bit tricky. Like you I'm generally interested in the kites but I'm not in the market for them because earlier this week I got my new kites.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Ahh. I thought you might have been a little closer. The old adage of never travel for wind when you have local wind is pretty hard to ignore :-)

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 am

Too true. I'm in Chichester which is almost on the West Sussex/Hampshire border.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Toby wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Brand Affiliation: the brands you work for, are a team rider of, you sale etc. anything that could affect your opinion. Leave it blank if you have no Affiliation of whatsoever.
See! Something good came out of this tangent after all!

And of note - ChickenD!cken has changed his "Brand affiliation" to accurately reflect.........naaaaa, but it is funnier than mine, at least when taken in context.

ChickenD!cken's new Brand affiliation: "Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau"

Congrats, Mr. Clouseau!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 pm
Toby wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Brand Affiliation: the brands you work for, are a team rider of, you sale etc. anything that could affect your opinion. Leave it blank if you have no Affiliation of whatsoever.
See! Something good came out of this tangent after all!

And of note - ChickenD!cken has changed his "Brand affiliation" to accurately reflect.........naaaaa, but it is funnier than mine, at least when taken in context.

ChickenD!cken's new Brand affiliation: "Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau"

Congrats, Mr. Clouseau!
Mais non, c'est moi qui est le vrai M. Clouseau! ;-)
ChickenD!ken 09/11/2;17
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Copenhagen
Favorite Beaches: Thy (Denmark) and Dhakla (Morocco)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle/Jedi WannabeGear: XR5 & Fusion 3
Brand Affiliation: CORE, ION, Brunotti, Gul, SurfEars and always looking to demo

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm

he thought it has a different meaning, therefore he stated his gear their.

Should be clear now that he has no affiliation with these brands whatsoever, so be nice and respectful.
And many times saying a sorry is a good thing!

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Postby Bartolo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Toby wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Should be clear now that he has no affiliation with these brands whatsoever, so be nice and respectful.
:thumb:

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Toby wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Yes Mum, sorry!

;-)

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 am

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am
Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true judging by some of the reviews..

https://youtu.be/JA-cUy7r2Qk
Oh man how did this thread go off topic. That my review. Feel free to critizice, but maybe critizice me. I have bin kiting since 2004 bin owning shop and school. Riding and teaching for different shops. I was seriously stoked and impressed by the FS. And the FS is perfect for me, my taste and riding style! Just perfect. To me no hype but a real wow feel. For the record I used to get the gear for free but gave that up to pay for Eleveight. I never got any notice of any change in my old deal. But loved the kites so much I'd rather pay for them. I am involved now as a teamrider though. I do know the owners of Eleveight personally, but knowing their work and dedication and passion for the sport for sure was not bad. They are awesome. Like i said: dont only take my word for it, go test it for yourself!

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:19 am

john a wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 am
ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am
Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true judging by some of the reviews..

https://youtu.be/JA-cUy7r2Qk
Oh man how did this thread go off topic. That my review. Feel free to critizice, but maybe critizice me. I have bin kiting since 2004 bin owning shop and school. Riding and teaching for different shops. I was seriously stoked and impressed by the FS. And the FS is perfect for me, my taste and riding style! Just perfect. To me no hype but a real wow feel. For the record I used to get the gear for free but gave that up to pay for Eleveight. I never got any notice of any change in my old deal. But loved the kites so much I'd rather pay for them. I am involved now as a teamrider though. I do know the owners of Eleveight personally, but knowing their work and dedication and passion for the sport for sure was not bad. They are awesome. Like i said: dont only take my word for it, go test it for yourself!
I was not at all criticising you or your review. In it you said it was the best kite you’ve ever tested. Big words and since I haven’t heard a single negative thing about Eleveight kites, that’s why I wrote what I did. My experience when there’s nothing but hype about a product, it’s usually that the product hasn’t really penetrated the market yet. From everything I’ve read the models (progression, ride-all, freestyle and wave) make good sense. Bar looks nice and clean too. I hate that so many manufacturers want to sell you 7-8 different kites (and 3-4 different bars) when you can easily do the same with half that amount (and just 1 bar). So I’m very interested to try out the range. Will probably go for either WS or RS if I pick one up. Curious why they didn’t go for a dedicated c-kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”