Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight FS reviews?

forum for kitesurfers


ColdWeatherKiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Kakumäe, Estonia
Favorite Beaches: Hyeres, France
Tarifa, Spain
Flag beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Freestyle and big air
Gear: Best TS 9m2 2017
Eleveight FS 12m2 2018
Liquid Force Element 136x41.5 2017
Brand Affiliation: None

Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ColdWeatherKiter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Good day!
Any real life reviews of the new Eleveight FS yet? I should be getting my FS 12m this week and will go to Fuerteventura during new years. I can put out an unbiased word on the kite then. I would really like to see the brand get some wind into its wings. They seem to be free from the corporate bs and (maybe invest more into R&D than videos n teamriders).
Happy winds to all!

ChickenD!ken
Medium Poster
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 am
Kiting since: 1916
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ChickenD!ken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true judging by some of the reviews..

phpBB [video]

ChickenD!ken
Medium Poster
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 am
Kiting since: 1916
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ChickenD!ken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:20 am

..and I guess the WS is a serious wave kite. Ahem..

https://www.eleveightkites.com/news/biggest-wave-ever

harppa
Medium Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:54 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Best TS, Roca, Kahoona
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Best, ION, Peter Lynn, Brunotti, Nobile, SP-United and CTRL Wake.
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby harppa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Here is on review out of the RS
https://youtu.be/QJQRFQfBvoQ

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am
Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true* judging by some of the reviews..
More negativity.
* too good to be true
phrase of good
so great or impressive as to be difficult to believe.
Last edited by iriejohn on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:20 am
..and I guess the WS is a serious wave kite. Ahem*..
And even more negativity!
* ahem
əˈhɛm/Submit
exclamation
used to represent the noise made when clearing the throat, typically to attract attention or express disapproval or embarrassment.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.

What is effective in promoting the brand with which you are affiliated, Core kites, is promoting the positive aspects of their products.

Matteo V
Frequent Poster
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.
I am critical of any hype, but I do not always consider it negativity. I am looking for the best possible answer, so I focus on the strengths AND weaknesses.

But it is ok if you choose to call me negative. It is true from your point of view.

iriejohn - have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.
I am critical of any hype, but I do not always consider it negativity. I am looking for the best possible answer, so I focus on the strengths AND weaknesses.

But it is ok if you choose to call me negative. It is true from your point of view.
In reply I can only repeat what I said (which you have kindly quoted) which was in respect of promoting a brand: "Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support."

The reason it is not effective (or is even counter-productive) is because at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) it discourages someone from buying the brand about which negative comments are being made rather than encouraging someone to view favourably the brand being promoted!

Or in other words, it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?
Only in relative terms when a clearly better alternative is at the same time shown to exist, and exactly how/why.

ChickenD!ken
Medium Poster
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 am
Kiting since: 1916
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ChickenD!ken » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 am

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.
I am critical of any hype, but I do not always consider it negativity. I am looking for the best possible answer, so I focus on the strengths AND weaknesses.

But it is ok if you choose to call me negative. It is true from your point of view.
In reply I can only repeat what I said (which you have kindly quoted) which was in respect of promoting a brand: "Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support."

The reason it is not effective (or is even counter-productive) is because at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) it discourages someone from buying the brand about which negative comments are being made rather than encouraging someone to view favourably the brand being promoted!

Or in other words, it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?
Only in relative terms when a clearly better alternative is at the same time shown to exist, and exactly how/why.
Hi.

1.) “almost too good to be true” is the full quote. Do not misrepresent my words while posting dictionary definitions in order to bolster your false premise. I take it you understand what the word “almost” means but to include it would be to undermine your own nonsense. I see you’re the type of person who does not care to understand people intentions or even ask for clarification. Had you watched the video review you might have an idea why I would write something like that. It is pathetic to watch you over-analyse like this.

2.) you do not get to attribute intent to me that I do not have. Namely, that I’m some sort Core agitprop here to spread subterfuge and undermine the new darling of the kiteboarding industry. I don’t care what you think of me or my opinions, so save your energy.

3.) this is now the third time that you have hijacked a thread in pursuit of whatever forum crusade you think you’re on. Please stop, you’ve embarrassed yourself enough. For every time that you contact me from now on, I will send a report to the admin.

Have a nice life and enjoy your time on the water, my friend.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexeyga, edt, iriejohn, KVL and 26 guests

cron