Forum for kitesurfers
rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish bad valve

Postby rightguard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Not trying to start a flame war but does anyone know what years Naish had problems with bad glue on the valves. I thought it was 2014-2015 but not sure.

I have a near new 2015 Park that is leaking from the valve and need to get another kite. I can’t afford a brand new kite and want to avoid the bad years.

Thanks for any help

mikesids
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Pt Chev, Auckland
Favorite Beaches: Aitutaki lagoon, Cook Islands
Style: Foil, surf, speed, jumping, freestyle
Gear: F One Furtives / FS Souls for speed, Airush Ultra's for freeride foiling , Chrono UL for freerace foiling, Parks, Bandit and Union for all round, JShapes / Levitaz / Spitfire XLW foil, F One AC21 Speed boards, Groove Skate

Re: Naish bad valve

Postby mikesids » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 am

Suggest just taking it to your local kite repair guy and getting the valve changed / fixed. I had a valve issue with a relatively new kite ( not Naish) and it cost me $40 and is now sorted. Helluva lot cheaper than getting a new kite ! Sometimes you can just be unlucky, first time I have had a valve issue in 10 years.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 am

I have not heard anything about recent kites with problems..must be 12 years ago or something like that. . I think sometimes those things can be a bit of a luck of the draw mixed with situational things like heat.
Not saying you've stored this warm but it would certainly exasperated any potential issues.

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby rightguard » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 am

Thanks Taut... didn’t know if it was a rumor. The person who told me was talking about fairly resent kites, right before they went to larger fill valves.

I didn’t want to fix one valve to have all the others fail.

On a second note... did you like the 2016 Park HD, or do you like the newer pivots? I use it for everything, waves, tt, foil.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:24 am

rightguard wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 am
Thanks Taut... didn’t know if it was a rumor. The person who told me was talking about fairly resent kites, right before they went to larger fill valves.

I didn’t want to fix one valve to have all the others fail.

On a second note... did you like the 2016 Park HD, or do you like the newer pivots? I use it for everything, waves, tt, foil.
So...well you know me...being a naishoholic. I will say I did like the Park HD...however I love the pivots. I also use them for everything. To me the HD was great when the conditions were right. I liked how it loop, and riding TT or on shore waves was super fun. My point of view is that the pivot now does that too, but a little less aggressive and easier to handle. I have my biggest jumps on the pivots simply because I feel a bit more comfortable going out lit up on it....Both kites were doing well but for me the pivots was a little easier to deal with.
I did spend a lot more time on the Pivots than I ever did on my HD (I had one HD, and a ton of the Pivots) so that probably made a difference..and also the sizing. I really liked how the HD moved with a TT. Its a lot like the Dash. I am kind of thinking Dash is what took over from Park HD.

Edit: I remember now I wanted to get another, smaller HD, but they were sold out.

Return to “Kitesurfing”