Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Question for Toby

Postby Toby » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Kash wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 pm
I have actual question too. Toby is it possible to do a proper backroll with downloop transition (as opposed to kiteloop)? As it seems that downloop doesnt provide enough pull and you end up with no power and simple backroll. After like 10-15 tries i gave up :)
start a new topic please

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Amazing that there are those of us that think this way.

Here is how you kill a forum (I mean is the below even still considered a fourm???)
With that being said, I am giving everyone fair warning...
We will no longer allow bashing/badmouthing of any person, NEFGA member, business, organization, state or federal government entities or employees of the entities, public officials, or anyone else for that matter.
I have instructed the Moderators to start issuing infractions to anyone who does not follow this rule. This applies to EVERYONE!!!! There will be no more bashing...period!! This also applies to anyone who is responding to posts considered bashing. Report the post to us, don't reply to it. If you can not follow this rule, you will be given infractions. If you earn enough infractions, you are gone!
The above forum essentially no longer allows criticism of other members, even if reasonable, nor does it allow criticism of governmental policy that controls it's focused uses. Essentially the people cannot complain about getting the shaft from the government, corporations, or other users. WTF is a forum for!!!

What set that policy off was when a thread showed some push back against government by outdoor users for huge license, entry permit, and out of state additional charges. This was where they drew the line. Threaten the states income from those wanting to use the outdoor resources of that state, and you are no longer allowed a voice.

Man up and help police these idiots by calling them out on their BS. It is ok if you go off topic, as other adults can skip over the banter. And if you don't like seeing that banter, then stop watching that thread or skip over known idiots posts. Or, make your own pre-school approved safe space kiteboarding discussion........no, baby babbling, forum.

Or do you want that here???????????

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilonfoil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

Many issues with posts can be mitigated with more active moderation/more moderators and that is up to Toby.

Whether you believe it’s good or bad, PMU is unfortunately an ongoing joke actively supported by Toby. PMU is heavily invested in foil kiting. They were exposed about a year ago but hardly anyone noticed. That’s why I petitioned for the new Foil Kite sub-forum given forum rules would not permit PMU from posting in the sub-forum - the joke can continue outside a serious sub-forum on Foil Kiting.

As much as I like this forum, given The Toby/PMU relationship, I also believe Toby may play/allow other games to keep the forum (in his view) interesting... most recently is user Ittiandro and his ongoing attempts at restarting old threads... the most recent being a thread about self teaching from 2008.
Last edited by foilonfoil on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 am

Tip of iceberg

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am

foilonfoil wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

Whether you believe it’s good or bad, PMU is unfortunately an ongoing joke actively supported by Toby. PMU is heavily invested in foil kiting. They were exposed about a year ago but hardly anyone noticed. That’s why I petitioned for the new Foil Kite sub-forum given forum rules would not permit PMU from posting in the sub-forum - the joke can continue outside a serious sub-forum on Foil Kiting.

As much as I like this forum, given The Toby/PMU relationship, ...
Actually -- it was 2012 when that happened ; ---AND--- it was Toby that did the , "Exposing" !!
You need the Thread address ? Because i got it.
Toby wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 am
addressed to PMU?

The newsletter always fulls in automatically the name of the person who signed up for it...so if you received the newsletter like this, we finally know who PMU is: you!

That was a big mistake Alex/PMU !
I'm going with Matteo V advise here --- don't want no over zealous Gestapo pricks , deciding what i got
to say ; so i'll turn off the emotion, when dealing with Trolls, and be Glad we got a moderator
like Toby, from now on.

Bille

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️

Postby DWX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Bille wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am
foilonfoil wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

As much as I like this forum, given The Toby/PMU relationship, ...
Actually -- it was 2012 when that happened ; ---AND--- it was Toby that did the , "Exposing" !!
You need the Thread address ? Because i got it.
Toby wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 am
addressed to PMU?

The newsletter always fulls in automatically the name of the person who signed up for it...so if you received the newsletter like this, we finally know who PMU is: you!

That was a big mistake Alex/PMU !
I'm going with Matteo V advise here --- don't want no over zealous Gestapo pricks , deciding what i got
to say ; so i'll turn off the emotion, when dealing with Trolls, and be Glad we got a moderator
like Toby, from now on.

Bille
Billie, given recent history, I.e. our own FBI out-Heroding both Gestapo & KGB, you might wanna update the historical reference! A new record and a new low have been set! You are old but no need to make yourself older!

It was ME who called you on your totalitarian tendencies! But you’ll never give me credit for anything bc you have some grudge against your mother. Poor Oedi-pals...

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Toby runs a great forum

if you have been in other forums you know both too much censorship is just as bad as not enough

only thing Toby does wrong is he does to much himself. he could get free volunteers to be mods and leave more time for him to kite! also if Toby got run over by a bus the forum would probably die I don't think he has anyone that could step in.

timothymcmackin
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Living in Durham, NC. Planning to kite mostly around Wilmington, NC.

Postby timothymcmackin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:47 pm

One nice thing about this forum is that it has friends and foes settings, like killfiles on old message boards. If you put someone into your foes list, you never see their posts. (Go to the user control panel and then click friends and foes.) I block people who troll a lot or have an axe to grind; it trims out some of the noise.

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️

Postby DWX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 pm

edt wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm
Toby runs a great forum

if you have been in other forums you know both too much censorship is just as bad as not enough

only thing Toby does wrong is he does to much himself. he could get free volunteers to be mods and leave more time for him to kite! also if Toby got run over by a bus the forum would probably die I don't think he has anyone that could step in.
Not sure I want a bloated government.... look at DC!

When Toby is mo more someone else will do something else...

Less control less headaches; ppl need to learn to protect themselves & their interests; a nanny forum won’t do it for them...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:11 pm

timothymcmackin wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:47 pm
One nice thing about this forum is that it has friends and foes settings, like killfiles on old message boards. If you put someone into your foes list, you never see their posts. (Go to the user control panel and then click friends and foes.) I block people who troll a lot or have an axe to grind; it trims out some of the noise.
exactly. great tool. And you guys are lucky..since you can use it, me not...I have to read it all :roll:

Well, I don't read all, but try to read where problems can come up...a big help is when the users support me by reporting posts that are over the limits in their eyes. It is not guaranteed I will act, since everyone has a different opinion about something, but will always try my best to make it as good as possible for everyone. I know I cannot make it right for everyone, so please understand if I decide differently as to your opinion.

PMU: do people really get offended by PMU? He is a troll, as we know. And he bashes foils, not people directly. And the discussion is always interesting. Brings up arguments for LEI and foils. And if you don't like his posts, read above about foes.

Good questions what happens after me...maybe someone will take over...but currently don't see anyone from my family in the position to run it. Maybe an idea would be to give it to someone who could keep it running...like a charity organisation for kitesurfers...like the Silke Gorldt Foundation.

Would be sad if this site with all its info and help to other fellow kiteboarders die one day.

Return to “Kitesurfing”