Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to ruin your vacation with Core

Postby ChickenD!ken » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:35 am

ichabod wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 am
I think its fair to expect a brand new kite to survive some hard crashes. I'd be pissed off for sure. Anyone seen this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSLAttuzkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSLAttuzkk
When someone posts something like the OP has with minimal detail and words like “simple loop gone wrong”, I think it’s worth it to ask more questions..

Yes, this an edited video from the Cabrinha themselves. All manufacturers do durability testing but usually on the water and not from the beach. What’s your point?

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 pm

knotmyfault wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 am
Friend of mine misfortune..
First day of his 2 weeks’ vacation, pilot’s error, he pulled on the wrong side of the bar after a simple rotation and smashes his kite on the water
Kite as less than 20 hours on it..
Humm

So, excusing the apostrophe abuse and the excruciating grammar, how does your friend now feel that his chances of being helped amicably by Core have been soundly trashed by you posting drivel like this on a public forum?

I deal with warranty claims quite a lot, funnily enough I have one on my desk this very day, another obvious crash whilst snowkiting resulting in a catastrophic cloth failure like your friend has endured. I'll do everything in my power to get him back on the water as soon as possible via his local dealer, who will if necessary loan him a kite whilst his is being warranteed (which could mean either repair or replacement).

Generally most folk know that the best course of events to secure a happy outcome is to follow procedure, for sure we can't help if a customer is overseas, but you know, some dealers have contacts, you wont believe what a small world this is, the watersports business, nor by the sound of it will you believe that by and large it is peopled by enthusiast dealers who do genuinely try to help, or brands like Core who are all very proud of what they do and will also try to help your friend as best they can.

So what do you think a spurious claim like this brings to the party? It's obviously an older kite, (pre dating triple rip stop I would guess) not that that should be an issue I agree, but all tube kites are built to a similar design, in my time I have distributed both North, and Slingshot the two other reputable brands known for build quality and I have experienced failures with them myself and guess what, whilst I was on vacation. I've even had a badly designed North actually kill me for 6 minutes, but hey, I'm a big boy, I recognised this was a dangerous sport before I took it up and I practised a lot, but, I never got on a public forum and whined like a girl. Tell your friend (if he's still speaking to you for making him look like an idiot) to contact his dealer and they'll organise something, somebody back home might have even known somebody at the vacation venue, they should have been given the chance to help before you took it upon yourself to go postal.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:15 pm

GraemeF wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 pm
knotmyfault wrote:
First day of his 2 weeks’ vacation, pilot’s error, he pulled on the wrong side of the bar after a simple rotation and smashes his kite on the water
Humm

So, excusing the apostrophe abuse and the excruciating grammar, how does your friend now feel that his chances of being helped amicably by Core have been soundly trashed by you posting drivel like this on a public forum?

I deal with warranty claims quite a lot, funnily enough I have one on my desk this very day, another obvious crash whilst snowkiting resulting in a catastrophic cloth failure like your friend has endured. I'll do everything in my power to get him back on the water as soon as possible via his local dealer, who will if necessary loan him a kite whilst his is being warranteed (which could mean either repair or replacement).

Generally most folk know that the best course of events to secure a happy outcome is to follow procedure, for sure we can't help if a customer is overseas, but you know, some dealers have contacts, you wont believe what a small world this is, the watersports business, nor by the sound of it will you believe that by and large it is peopled by enthusiast dealers who do genuinely try to help, or brands like Core who are all very proud of what they do and will also try to help your friend as best they can.

So what do you think a spurious claim like this brings to the party? It's obviously an older kite, (pre dating triple rip stop I would guess) not that that should be an issue I agree, but all tube kites are built to a similar design, in my time I have distributed both North, and Slingshot the two other reputable brands known for build quality and I have experienced failures with them myself and guess what, whilst I was on vacation. I've even had a badly designed North actually kill me for 6 minutes, but hey, I'm a big boy, I recognised this was a dangerous sport before I took it up and I practised a lot, but, I never got on a public forum and whined like a girl. Tell your friend (if he's still speaking to you for making him look like an idiot) to contact his dealer and they'll organise something, somebody back home might have even known somebody at the vacation venue, they should have been given the chance to help before you took it upon yourself to go postal.
It’s an XR4 from the color scheme.

I’ve seen this guy before and he has it out for Core for whatever reason. Replies to my posts with out of context pictures and video links just to smear. I figure he read the latest XR review on the forum and thought that was just too much for him. Pretty sad.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:38 pm

knotmyfault wrote:
Humm

hehehe.... In yje biking world we call this a JRA. I was "Just riding along" and .......

If you drive your car into a lamppost do you ring up the car manufacturer and complain because the car didn't just bounce off the lamppost undamaged?

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 pm

So your friend tomahawked the kite and you blame the brand....Are you some kind of retarded? :roll:

RadDrDuke
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Stuart, Florida
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Style: Surf > Foil > TT
Gear: Duotone Unit 5m V2, OR Glide Hybrid 5m, Airush Ultra 9m, Axis Foils, LF Moon patrol TT, Wainman kite surfboard, Fanatic 75L wingboard

Postby RadDrDuke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Just a lemon kite, call them and get a new one for free hopefully. Could happen with any brand, just a warranty issue.

To all you blaming the rider: no way should any kite split on impact with water. Kites are super strong and generally can be tomahawked onto the beach without problems.

I used to teach kiting and still occasionally teach friends and I have seen lots of huge kite crashes without ever any damage to the kites.

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10

Postby tegirinenashi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 pm

RadDrDuke wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm
...To all you blaming the rider: no way should any kite split on impact with water. Kites are super strong and generally can be tomahawked onto the beach without problems...
How do you know that this kite has been impacted by the water? It might have been in the tree, hit exposed coral reef, or Dmitry might been around with a chainsaw:

https://youtu.be/xrQHM_VCIOU?t=59

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Mmmm, chainsaw.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards