Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

forum for kitesurfers


luca
Rare Poster
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby luca » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 pm

Anyone can help me with the choice buying the FX or the Bandit 2018.
The Bandit ist good in everything. Like it. After flying bandits for 6 years looking for something new.
I like the character of the FX 2018.
What do you think is the better kite? I like boosting high, doing landing loops, kiteloop transitions/rotations, riding overpowered. My style is riding 70% hooked and 30% unhooked. I am an advanced rider. Kiting sind 14 years.
Hope someone can Tell my a Bit about the differences. I am just looking for the Bandit 2018 and FX 2018. Not for other Kites.
Maybe someone can Tell me for these points:
- better depower
- better boosting
- better hangtime
- better looping
- windrange
Etc
Thanks for your Imput

User avatar
RideLow
Frequent Poster
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:30 am
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle
Location: In the search for wind

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby RideLow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 am

You are answering your own question.

If you like the feel of the Bandit, stick with it. But if you want a change, you will love the FX when u get used to it.
They fly abit different and imho: FX > Bandit..
Both have great depower, boost, hangtime, loops and windrange..
The FX will not disapoint you when you get the timing right and get used to it..

Change is (almost) always good! So why not try something new? :P

User avatar
RideLow
Frequent Poster
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:30 am
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle
Location: In the search for wind

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby RideLow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:09 am

RideLow wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 am
You are answering your own question.

If you like the feel of the Bandit, stick with it. But if you want a change, you will love the FX when u get used to it.
They fly abit different and imho: FX > Bandit.. But thats probably because I am used to the more C-shapes kites..
Both have great depower, boost, hangtime, loops and windrange..
The FX will not disapoint you when you get the timing right and get used to it..

Change is (almost) always good! So why not try something new? :P

User avatar
jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:22 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Longisland, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby jeromeL » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 am

luca wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 pm
Anyone can help me with the choice buying the FX or the Bandit 2018.
The Bandit ist good in everything. Like it. After flying bandits for 6 years looking for something new.
I like the character of the FX 2018.
What do you think is the better kite? I like boosting high, doing landing loops, kiteloop transitions/rotations, riding overpowered. My style is riding 70% hooked and 30% unhooked. I am an advanced rider. Kiting sind 14 years.
Hope someone can Tell my a Bit about the differences. I am just looking for the Bandit 2018 and FX 2018. Not for other Kites.
Maybe someone can Tell me for these points:
- better depower
- better boosting
- better hangtime
- better looping
- windrange
Etc
Thanks for your Imput
What size are you considering? Can only compare Bandit 15 9m with FX 16 9m.
Looping is a bit easier and more fun on FX. Landing loop hang time is better on Bandit.
Unhooking is is a lot better on FX, I'm beginner unhooking, and I can tell on FX it's a lot more fluid than on bandit. Though if you are good you might not care for it.
Haven't used FX that much but wind range and depower should be the same effectively considering you are advanced rider.

speedyRider
Frequent Poster
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:14 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby speedyRider » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi, ive tried both and prefer the Bandit 2018 much more. The new bar also is great, always thought bandits were great but the bar was behind, now they have a great updated bar
For unhooking you may have a bit more slack on the fx but i like bandit feedback much more, Fx is too fast for freestyle and poor feedback imo. Loops are good on both kites, light wind range is better on the bandit but not by too much, upper range is similar.

Hope it helps

luca
Rare Poster
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby luca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Thank you all...
it is not easy, but I think I will give the FX 18 a try in 6,8,10 and 12m
If it doesn‘t match, I Will go back to bandit.

luca
Rare Poster
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby luca » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 am

I have a last question. My Girl is riding our Kites too. The bandit is handling gusts with ease and is having a very good depower Management. Is the fx nearly good too?

User avatar
jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:22 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Longisland, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018 vs F-One Bandit 2018.. Need help ;)

Postby jeromeL » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:16 pm

luca wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 am
I have a last question. My Girl is riding our Kites too. The bandit is handling gusts with ease and is having a very good depower Management. Is the fx nearly good too?
Didnt try depower and my buddy at his level doesn't have much feedback either on this. I know a few kiteschool that use SB for lessons but on small kite size they acrually use FX for some reason, must have reasonable depower.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], John Doe, lollypop and 27 guests

cron