Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F One Bandit 2015 high Y or low Y

Forum for kitesurfers
kjorn
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

F One Bandit 2015 high Y or low Y

Postby kjorn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Stupid question, but can i ride a 7m f-one 2015 with a low Y bar? Is it better with a high Y and if so, what is the distance from the kite to the Y?

Thanks 😀😀😁

I am super stoked to try this kite.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Re: F One Bandit 2015 high Y or low Y

Postby kitexpert » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 am

I would say absolutely you can. Difference is very small and if anything in low Y pull to the kite comes from better angle.

This does not mean high Y and low Y bars are interchangeable because frontline/backline lengths may not be same (very probably they aren't) and they can not been measured in similar way.

High Y advantage is slightly less amount of flying line and therefore cleaner bar/lines and a bit lower line drag. Disadvantage is more difficult and clumsier safety (which compromises advantages). If Y is very high pull direction is not good, especially if kite has high AR (big wingspan).

7m Bandit has so small wingspan it tolerates very high Y, but I think it is best to use same low Y bar to all kites. Lower the better 8)

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Re: F One Bandit 2015 high Y or low Y

Postby kjorn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 am

kitexpert wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 am
I would say absolutely you can. Difference is very small and if anything in low Y pull to the kite comes from better angle.

This does not mean high Y and low Y bars are interchangeable because frontline/backline lengths may not be same (very probably they aren't) and they can not been measured in similar way.

High Y advantage is slightly less amount of flying line and therefore cleaner bar/lines and a bit lower line drag. Disadvantage is more difficult and clumsier safety (which compromises advantages). If Y is very high pull direction is not good, especially if kite has high AR (big wingspan).

7m Bandit has so small wingspan it tolerates very high Y, but I think it is best to use same low Y bar to all kites. Lower the better 8)
Amazing, thanks for the info. I'll try a low Y and see how it goes

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo