Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking for a 12 mt wave kite that turns fast, feels light and drifts. Exists?

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Looking for a 12 mt wave kite that turns fast, feels light and drifts. Exists?

Postby matth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm

I was going to say , take a peek at the New Element 6...but I don't want to start a new shit storm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bgil5470
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Coffs Harbour
Style: Waves
Gear: North Dice, Naish Pivot, Cabrinha FX, North Whip
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Looking for a 12 mt wave kite that turns fast, feels light and drifts. Exists?

Postby bgil5470 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 pm

The latest version of the Reo 12m is good. It turns fast and has a direct feel with little to no lagtime and light to medium bar pressure. It loops pretty well too for a 12m but with a soft powered loop that doesn't drag you off your board. Great for surface loop transitions however it still has a reasonably large loop radius given its size. My only complaint...it lacks a little low end grunt for my 92kgs so I need to work it in marginal 15knot conditions. Drifts well but not suited for boosting or twin tip riding if you're a heavier rider. Might be a perfect 12m kite for a lighter person but not what I'd call a sheet-and-go kite like say a Pivot. My old 2015 Pivot did not drift so good, was prone to underpowered backstalls and the bar pressure was too high...but heaps of low end power on tap

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor

Postby Nem0 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 am

Kite bigger than 10 are "another world" regarding turning speed and drifting! It's just physics ;-)

I've not much expereance in wavekiting because I seldom have waves ;-) But then I love this one https://flysurfer.com/project/stoke/

Jwoo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: casalava@puntapequeña.
Favorite Beaches: Uncrowded ones
Style: Strapless surf
Gear: Duotone Neo, Firewire, Appletree

Postby Jwoo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 pm
alfredo68 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm
Heard that Neo 12 its slow, sst 12 quite the same. Tried AR wave 12 and i m not impressed at all feels slow and flies slow comparing to my blade trigger 12 that turns in a dime. Should i not go into wave kites category for a 12 mt size?
Definitely try a 12m OR Flite. It is not called a "wave" kite but since it is so light when lines go slack it sorta flattens out and just kind of hangs there.. slowly drifting back till you turn away from it and the lines tighten.. very unique and I like riding waves with it.
I have both the Flite and Prodigy in a 12. I prefer the Prodigy for surf. I can always tell where the Prodigy is, it's predictable, turns reasonably fast, and has a good feel. For some reason I loose track of the Flite and sometimes find it where I don't want it. The Flite is awesome for free ride, but I don't really like it in the surf (compared to the Prodigy). Never tried the Roam though.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm

BRM Cloud. Super light, crazy drift, turns quick quick. :thumb:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Give a try to Epic Surf .. Contact Dimitri so he can send you a demo .. dimitri@epickites.com

petato2
Medium Poster
Local Beach: la manga
Favorite Beaches: la manga
Style: freeride
Gear: airush, evo,

Postby petato2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Try Rpm, It feels light and turns well for being a 12. Also not bad in waves.

bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels, Peaks
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5, Duotone DLAB Unit 4.5/5.5/6.5
Boards: Bit of everything
Foils: AXIS and Triton Foils

Postby bigtone667 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:44 pm

rynhardt wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm
BRM Cloud. Super light, crazy drift, turns quick quick. :thumb:
And you only need the 10.4m (equal to a 12m!!)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Good morning alfredo68
My name is Dimitri Maramenides, I am the owner of EPICKITES. My suggestion is to demo the kite before you buy it and this is why I send my demos all over the world because I know that once kiters try the kite, 82% of them are sold.
If you are looking for a kite specifically designed for the waves then the SURF kite will be the perfect weapon for the waves. Now if you are looking for a kite to go in the waves and also use it as an all around kite then the RENEGADE model will be the kite because you can always change the settings from "Waveride" to "Freeride".

Now concerning the SURF 12. One of the the kiteboarding magazine did a test on most of the 12m kites and were very impressed with the performance of the SURF 12M. Actually when they sent the SURF 12 back to the EpicKites office, they told emailed me saying that the SURF 12 was so fast compare to all the other kites they were testing, that they had to measure it because they thought it was a 9m. :thumb:
promotion SURF.jpg
promotion SURF.jpg (69.67 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Attachments
DSC_8689.jpg
DSC_0088 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_0085.jpg

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Give the North mono a try.
The 12 turns like most 9s and stays in the air super well.
I can ride in cross off in 10 mph and cross on in 12.
If you are light the 9m is also a great option giving the power of a lot of 12m kites and turning super good. I can ride in 12mph on the 9m in cross off wind no probs at 83kg on a standard 29L surfboard.

Disclaimer- North team rider so try for yourself if you don't believe me. I find the mono much better than the cloud for waves and superior to any other 1 strut kite I have tried.

Return to “Kitesurfing”