Local Beach: none
Favorite Beaches: none
Style: break shit!!!!!
Gear: slingy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

New Tona gear

Postby ragzilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 am

just watched some of those quick edits that Jake Kelsick makes......

looks like a bunch of new gear he's riding.
anybody got any info?

pretty sure that was an open C kite with a Tona logo...... but i didn't believe it until i saw the Tona logo on the QR.
can anybody confirm if they're branching out??
sadly it was one of those generic Chinese bars that so many smaller companies print their brand on.

here's the link.......see for yourself and you tell me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgamanyL0QM

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Re: New TONA gear

Postby dylan* » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:32 am

looks like the BWS undertow bar which is a sick bar if so. kites look nice, looking forward to some more info.

ragzilla
Medium Poster

Re: New TONA gear

Postby ragzilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 am

dylan* wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:32 am
looks like the BWS undertow bar which is a sick bar if so. kites look nice, looking forward to some more info.
it 'is' the same as the BWS bar.... but it's not a BWS brand. I can think of 4-5 companies that use that bar. a bit of a shame for a company with such a good reputation for their gear to pump out kites with those bars in my opinion. pretty sure you can buy them off ali-express.
cant stand those PU tubes on my trim line. Always pinches my fat fingers, and they get really sticky if sheeting in or out when the bar is turned.

cant say to much about the kites. no video of it close up sadly.

anybody use instagram that follows Jake might have some more shots.
he's been riding that new board for 3 months or so now........ im a loyal Tona supporter, and searched for some info...... but whatever they've got coming... they're keeping it under wraps!!

ralu81
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan, Escanaba, HWY 2 U.P. Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Harsen's Island, Tawas.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Duotone Evo
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas

Re: New Tona gear

Postby ralu81 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm

I’ve watched most of his vlog’s since they started showing the kite and in one video he addressed the elephant in the room and just said that the kite was still under development. The foil board looks intriguing as well and has shown up on some thier Facebook posts but I haven’t seen anything related to release dates for either item. The bar does look cheap, hopefully it’s just temporary or preproduction bar thier just using to test thier kite out.

I don’t foil but in one of JK’s vlog he was doing some light wind foiling and the kite stayed up in the air when it looked like the wind was non-existent. I’m sure some of that was his skill but I was still impressed.

H2Oaltitude
Rare Poster
Style: freeride, waves and some foiling
Gear: whatever's on sale...
Been thanked: 0

Postby H2Oaltitude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

quick mention on the kite at the end of this vlog... "when whendow" LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Qqolhyzr8

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm

ragzilla wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 am
sadly it was one of those generic Chinese bars that so many smaller companies print their brand on.
Can you please explain what's wrong with control bar unification within the industry? All of these brands see merit in doing so, especially Ocean Rodeo.
Takoon
BWS
Ikon
Ocean Rodeo
Gin
Caution
Peter Lynn
Storm
KSP
Switch
And now Tona
http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2390182

ragzilla
Medium Poster

Postby ragzilla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm
ragzilla wrote:
Can you please explain what's wrong with control bar unification within the industry? All of these brands see merit in doing so, especially Ocean Rodeo.

there's nothing wrong with them.......
I just think it's a shame, really.
in my opinion (which hardly counts for much) Tona is like the Terrible-One of Kite brands.
Terrible-One was a BMX company founded in the 90's. The top 3 most influential competition riders (Taj Mehilic, Joe Rich, Robbie Morales) got sick of riding competition and the whole platform of spono riding. They got together and started a company with the sole purpose of making the very best products in the industry and changing the culture and why people ride.
they were the original "don't give a F@#K, just ride and have fun" company.

To me, Tona is the same, and it would be a damn shame if they didn't keep making the best product out there, and used generic alibaba bars.

ragzilla
Medium Poster

Postby ragzilla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm
ragzilla wrote:

there's nothing wrong with them.......
I just think it's a shame, really.
in my opinion (which hardly counts for much) Tona is like the Terrible-One of Kite brands.
Terrible-One was a BMX company founded in the 90's. The top 3 most influential competition riders (Taj Mehilic, Joe Rich, Robbie Morales) got sick of riding competition and the whole platform of spono riding. They got together and started a company with the sole purpose of making the very best products in the industry and changing the culture and why people ride.
they were the original "don't give a F@#K, just ride and have fun" company.

To me, Tona is the same, and it would be a damn shame if they didn't keep making the best product out there, and used generic alibaba bars.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 am

why do you have a problem with "generic alibaba bars" if they are excellent quality? it's a small company, chill and let them develop their products

Return to “Kitesurfing”