Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gasping for breath after crash?! Breathing how to?

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Gasping for breath after crash?! Breathing how to?

Postby Laughingman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm

I think I have experienced what you describe.
I grew up in the water playing in waves I should not have been in and never had an issue but then later in life one time when I was sick, I almost passed out from throwing up. I was choking on a tiny bit of puke, my throat closed up and I honestly could not get a breath in or out. It took some time to calm down enough seemed like forever but I was starting to black out by that time. Ever since then, anytime I crash hard enough that water enters my nose or mouth I have to be very careful not to breath in. A few times I have had to drag myself to the beach so I could calm down and breathe. I am trying to teach myself to just swallow whatever water gets in, but my instinct, my fear fights me all the way. It is getting better but I doubt the memory of that feeling will ever go away completely.

Return to “Kitesurfing”