Local Beach: Alameda
Gear: /
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can I use 2015-2017 Ozone Contact Water Control Bar with Naish kites

Postby DeGi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 am

Hi,
I am planning to buy Naish Pivot (and Naish Ride) together with 2015-2017 Ozone Contact Water Control Bar. Will this setup work? Will I be able to use this bar with the Naish kites?

Also, should I get 20m or 23m lines?

Thanks a lot!

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Re: Can I use 2015-2017 Ozone Contact Water Control Bar with Naish kites

Postby knotwindy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 am

Both 4 line, equal length at full power, low v, single front line release?
If true, then yes although you might need pigtails to correct kook-proof attachments.
This is for most kites these day; yours specifically also yes.
Line length is personal preference. Since you don’t say what kind of riding you will do, hard to answer.
20 for waves & quicker reaction. 23 for better jumps & low end. ‘Freeride’ probably 23 as well.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 am

It will work with no pigtail needed for front and back lines. Both use a loop on the center line of the bar and a knot on the rear.

Ozone sometimes puts a stopper on the front line safety to keep the bar from moving far away after a release. Make sure the stopper is far enough to fully flag the kite.

DeGi
Rare Poster

Postby DeGi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:14 am

Thanks jakemoore! knotwindy, not really sure about the riding I do (I'm beginner).

DeGi
Rare Poster

Postby DeGi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 am

Would 2016 North Trust Bar Quad Control (https://www.calikites.com/product/2016- ... d-control/) also work with the Naish kites?

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 am

DeGi wrote: Would 2016 North Trust Bar Quad Control (https://www.calikites.com/product/2016- ... d-control/) also work with the Naish kites?
Certainly will! I'm using this bar on my pivots. North makes the best bar on the market. I like the naish bars but they are not anywhere near the caliber bar of the north. I have tried other bars on the pivot as well and keep coming back to the north bar. makes the kite fly so stable and predictable.

My best guess is something to do with the higher v on the lines then any other bars i really think this crisps the kites movements and makes it behave and present the race car feel vs a truck with sloppy steering found with other bars.

the real beauty of the north bar is its on the fly adjustable so you can literally change bar lengths while the kite is in the air not that you need to but its so universal i think this should be the standard bar for kiting. You can also fine tune line length in the bar ends as well.

im running 24m lines on a 14m, 9m, 7m, I Foil, directional surf, and snowkite it will work on all of them. North also incorporated one bar for all kites as in the larks ends both have knots and loops so you don't need pigtail converters for shifting to different brand kites. the spinnaker design simplifies the awkward often times locked up bearing plastic frontline spinner and the reset on the chickenloop is super quick and very efficient.

I know this sounds like a sales brouchure but this truly is the nicest bar I've ever used in 13 years of kiting. :thumb:

bars are all the same as in you can use any brand bar on any kite as the line lengths are equal. the line ends may need pigtails if they don't attach correctly to the kite but really thats about it.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:57 pm

I use my Naish and Ozone bars interchangeably with with my Naish kites.

The North bar is fine but here are two reasons NOT to buy a North bar:
-the front and back lines are very different lengths which forces you to buy line sets only from North.
-the high Y arrangement does not allow you to pull on a front line (which is very useful when self landing or when relaunching in light wind).

North makes great products generally but I wish they would drop their high Y line setup.

:wink: CG

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

cglazier wrote: -the front and back lines are very different lengths which forces you to buy line sets only from North.
This is true for replacement lines which most buy new gear rather then replacing linesets they are expensive but all brands are a centerline replacement kit is around 91$ . the lines are still all equal at the end like any other bar and highly adjustable at the bar and trim line.
cglazier wrote: -the high Y arrangement does not allow you to pull on a front line (which is very useful when self landing or when relaunching in light wind).
This is true and does take a little getting used to. I typically fly it hard up wind and eject. works every time. it certainly is a little slower then just flying it hard upwind and grabbing a frontline and begin rolling up the bar. i tend to self rescue alot on the north bar when landing using the eject method but it works and only takes an extra 2 minutes tops.

The north high y line has been around forever i doubt they will ever get rid of it. I really do think it changes how the kites fly by having it. My pivots seem to really perform alot more stable and predictable when on the north bar as opposed to the other bars i've tried on them.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 am

Craz Z wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm
cglazier wrote: -the high Y arrangement does not allow you to pull on a front line (which is very useful when self landing or when relaunching in light wind).
This is true and does take a little getting used to. I typically fly it hard up wind and eject. works every time. it certainly is a little slower then just flying it hard upwind and grabbing a frontline and begin rolling up the bar. i tend to self rescue alot on the north bar when landing using the eject method but it works and only takes an extra 2 minutes tops.
if you buy a low V bar to start with there is then no need to compromise with a high Y bar . :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”