Local Beach: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gear: North Neo/Mono
TT
Shinnster/Zeeko W&G foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kitesurfing Greece - Best Locations

Postby _zeta » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I ve been in prassonisi, rhodes last august. Good spot, reliable wind (12 to 20+ knots every day during my week stay) It has onshore side (waves) and offshore side with flat water. If you are not yet able to stay upwind, offshore side may not be reccomedable, but there are schools with rescueboat available. Look it up in google maps. Southern tip of rhodes, it is a sand beach connecting to prassonisi island. Wind blows from NW.

In august the spot can get very crowded. Offshore side with lots of windsurfers. onshore/Wave side was never too crowded.

Social life will be limited to the WS/KS crowd staying at the spot, with just a few hotels and bars near the beach. Some people stay on RVs at the beach, but I think it it not allowed in theory...

I stayed in Kattavia, a small town some 10km away. Even less social life there...

I guess if staying 4 weeks, you may want a scooter to move to other more touristy towns.

Return to “Kitesurfing”