Re: concerning of nuclear radiation ocean surround from japan

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 pm

The statement you made illustrates the disconnect from the reality
YEA --Disconnect !

And I did NOT appreciate you changing my post, when you quoted me ; you
completely deleted the quote by LiquidXtasy , that was located between
what i said to you, and the rest of the reply.

Please don't do that again .

Bille

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah -- stop letting con men run, regulate and control nuclear power stations.
Not even close.

"The Price-Anderson Act became law on Sept. 2, 1957, to cover liability claims of members of the public for personal injury and property damage caused by a commercial nuclear power plant accident. The legislation helped encourage private investment in commercial nuclear power by placing a cap, or ceiling, on the total amount of liability each nuclear power plant licensee faced in the event of an accident. Over time, the "limit of liability" for a nuclear accident has increased the insurance pool to more than $13 billion."

If liability for actual damage from a nuclear disaster was allowed to reach commonly awarded levels in other litigation, we would have no nuclear plants. The money in existence today would not cover the damage, over the 10,000 years or so it takes a nuclear disaster site to become somewhat safe, that an accident could inflict. And no private insurance would ever want to "insure" a nuke plant considering the potential for death and destruction that each plant contains.

So the Govt steps in, says no one can sue beyond this point (monetary value). Or, as in other industries like oil/gas/ammonia pipelines, you simply have a fee that each company pays the Govt for insurance. Then the Govt just steps in and cleans up the mess. And since each company pays the fee anyway, there is little incentive for actually preventing disasters.

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.
YEP -- Not even close . :nono:

I'm quite certain, that Kamikuza, is NOT a citizen of the USA ?
He lives on the Other side of the Pacific !!

Bille

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

There was a QUOTE that you deleted , by LiquidXtasy ; WHY would you do that ?
Didn't catch it till i did my edit job. I'll be more careful with you from
now on.

Bille
NOPE! It shows that you edited your referenced post 1 hour after I replied to your post. Your original post did attribute that slur to me, though I believe you did not intend it to.

Thank you for correcting it after I told you about it. In the future, I will use your entire post as a quote so you cannot revise and try to switch the accusation around. This does clutter up the thread, but it will make things more clear and accurate.

And I cannot edit posts by other users.

Just want to check, are we square on this now?

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm
Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

There was a QUOTE that you deleted , by LiquidXtasy ; WHY would you do that ?
Didn't catch it till i did my edit job. I'll be more careful with you from
now on.

Bille
NOPE! It shows that you edited your referenced post 1 hour after I replied to your post. Your original post did attribute that slur to me, though I believe you did not intend it to.

Thank you for correcting it after I told you about it. In the future, I will use your entire post as a quote so you cannot revise and try to switch the accusation around. This does clutter up the thread, but it will make things more clear and accurate.

And I cannot edit posts by other users.

Just want to check, are we square on this now?
He said / She said ; and i fucked up by not taking a screen-shot , so no way
to prove it. Like i said ; i will be Way more careful with you from now on
and i believe Kami will also .

Bille

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah -- stop letting con men run, regulate and control nuclear power stations.
Not even close.

"The Price-Anderson Act became law on Sept. 2, 1957, to cover liability claims of members of the public for personal injury and property damage caused by a commercial nuclear power plant accident. The legislation helped encourage private investment in commercial nuclear power by placing a cap, or ceiling, on the total amount of liability each nuclear power plant licensee faced in the event of an accident. Over time, the "limit of liability" for a nuclear accident has increased the insurance pool to more than $13 billion."

If liability for actual damage from a nuclear disaster was allowed to reach commonly awarded levels in other litigation, we would have no nuclear plants. The money in existence today would not cover the damage, over the 10,000 years or so it takes a nuclear disaster site to become somewhat safe, that an accident could inflict. And no private insurance would ever want to "insure" a nuke plant considering the potential for death and destruction that each plant contains.

So the Govt steps in, says no one can sue beyond this point (monetary value). Or, as in other industries like oil/gas/ammonia pipelines, you simply have a fee that each company pays the Govt for insurance. Then the Govt just steps in and cleans up the mess. And since each company pays the fee anyway, there is little incentive for actually preventing disasters.

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.

Bille
Again, my mistake. He is innocent. If we make enough people innocent, and just a few people responsible, the world will become a better place where most people can claim they had no part in any governmental policy. In fact, governmental policy is certainly not the responsibility of the people. Government is the bad guys, and we are all innocent. Soon things will get better.....so long as you, and I are not responsible.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm
Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm
Matteo V wrote:

Not even close.

Bille
Again, my mistake. He is innocent. If we make enough people innocent, and just a few people responsible, the world will become a better place where most people can claim they had no part in any governmental policy. In fact, governmental policy is certainly not the responsibility of the people. Government is the bad guys, and we are all innocent. Soon things will get better.....so long as you, and I are not responsible.
I totally agree !
Can we put this Bad-day behind us ; and walk away Friends ?

Bille

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Yep, this was bound to happen with this many posts and quotes. Some times it takes me many previews to get the quotes in the right place. And I hold no ill will toward anyone posting here. Some posters I agree with (and value), some I disagree with (and value even more).

We are only going to learn if we post our opinions and share our knowledge. I too have messed up before, and been wr.......w........wro.....wron........well you know what I mean.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby grigorib » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Guys, please hold on!
You can’t have a serious trolling thread without mixing in
a) foil vs twintip
b) foil kite vs LEI
c) C kite vs bow kite
d) handles vs depower

Russian trolls here - please understand that Western society is educated and open. Fearmongering doesn’t work as effectively as you think. But your contributions will be gladly accepted by far-left/far-right press which thrives on existence of morons.
Last edited by grigorib on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby knotwindy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm

@ Matteo V

There certainly is a disconnect here. Thank you for your answer but that is not what I was asking. There should be no doubt that internal radiation is more damaging than external. 1mcg internal vs 1mcg external is not what I was talking about.
How much do you need to absorb internally either through the skin or stomach(if you get a mouthful) for it to become a problem? There has to be an amount that causes damage. Do you or does anybody know how much that is? And what external environment/concentration and time frame might lead to that level? Is it known that the levels in the seas are safe or is it just a hope?

Also, I am new to kiting, should I just buy gear off eBay?

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

grigorib wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:02 pm
......But your contributions will be gladly accepted by far-left/far-right press which thrives on existence of morons.
So long as the far left and far right are balanced in voting power, the middle typically/effectively dictates policy or at least "changing of the guard" to some degree.

That is why left and right are so adamantly opposed to each other and actively engaged in attempting to silence their opposition. If the far left, for example, can eliminate the right, then the far left will no longer have their policies restricted to those which are currently palatable to the middle. Would you agree that this is sufficient motivation for the opposition to freedom of speech that we see growing in western society?

What is this forum about???? Kiting???? Trolling?????

Return to “Kitesurfing”