Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

concerning of nuclear radiation ocean surround from japan

Forum for kitesurfers
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: concerning of nuclear radiation ocean surround from japan

Postby grigorib » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Great, RT propaganda now :)
Any links to what Goebbels has to say about it too?
Last edited by grigorib on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Time for the Flamer's Paradise ?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 am
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am
Open your eyes. What are the effects of radiation? Long term exposure can have significant health risks. You might be able to get away with short term exposure, but for the people living in california who surf every day, this is probably going to affect them.
You just need to wear a tinfoil hat and underpants when you surf. Not only will it protect you from the radiation, it will act as a sacrificial anode to protect your brain from rusting if salt water gets in your ears.
Head in the clouds, feet in the sand.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah -- stop letting con men run, regulate and control nuclear power stations.
Not even close.

"The Price-Anderson Act became law on Sept. 2, 1957, to cover liability claims of members of the public for personal injury and property damage caused by a commercial nuclear power plant accident. The legislation helped encourage private investment in commercial nuclear power by placing a cap, or ceiling, on the total amount of liability each nuclear power plant licensee faced in the event of an accident. Over time, the "limit of liability" for a nuclear accident has increased the insurance pool to more than $13 billion."

If liability for actual damage from a nuclear disaster was allowed to reach commonly awarded levels in other litigation, we would have no nuclear plants. The money in existence today would not cover the damage, over the 10,000 years or so it takes a nuclear disaster site to become somewhat safe, that an accident could inflict. And no private insurance would ever want to "insure" a nuke plant considering the potential for death and destruction that each plant contains.

So the Govt steps in, says no one can sue beyond this point (monetary value). Or, as in other industries like oil/gas/ammonia pipelines, you simply have a fee that each company pays the Govt for insurance. Then the Govt just steps in and cleans up the mess. And since each company pays the fee anyway, there is little incentive for actually preventing disasters.

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.
Nope. I didn't vote in the Japanese government.

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 pm

You are sooo funny!
Worrying about radiation in the Asian oceans...
But everybody loves to immerse in the Columbia River / The Gorge.
The US government has produced hundreds of tons of ultra-highly radioactive waste there (from the plutonium production for all US nuclear weapons until the late 1980s), the underground tanks are leaking into the river. Google "hanford site". This is REALLY worrying :thumb:
So if you ever kited at the Gorge - don´t worry to kite in Fukushima.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am
Nope. I didn't vote in the Japanese government.
Ahhhhhhhh......So it is not your fault. Thanks for clarifying that one. Problem solved. Business as usual.

Rick and Morty - "oh, so it's no one's fault"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6X5TnLIQ4

I was not alive in the 1950's when this idiotic law was passed IN THIS COUNTRY! Still, it is my - and our responsibility for it's continuance.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am

Toby wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm
I wouldn’t trust official reports.

IMO radiation is given. And I am sure also Hawaii will have higher concentration...if not now, then in the future.

How high and dangerous, I have no idea.

And don’t forget: millions of liters of highest concentration are stored in the rusty tanks...they will leak more and more...and for sure it’s wanted to get rid of it...
What possible reason do you have for not trusting official reports? In the US there are public measurements of radiation, and they are absolutely way way way below anything that would impact a human. Why on earth would Hawaii be impacted? You can't just make shit up.
Personally, I have a severe distaste for unfounded conspiracy theories.

Water in Japan in general is safe. I probably would not kite right in Fukoshima, but its safe. Anywhere else in Asia is fine.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:41 am

tautologies wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am
Toby wrote:

IMO radiation is given. And I am sure also Hawaii will have higher concentration...if not now, then in the future.

And don’t forget: millions of liters of highest concentration are stored in the rusty tanks...they will leak more and more...and for sure it’s wanted to get rid of it...
What possible reason do you have for not trusting official reports? In the US there are public measurements of radiation, and they are absolutely way way way below anything that would impact a human. Why on earth would Hawaii be impacted? You can't just make shit up.
Me too and yet there is a LOT of politics/media/money between measurements and official reports. Have you seen what passes for truth in the USA lately?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 am

knotwindy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:41 am

Me too and yet there is a LOT of politics/media/money between measurements and official reports. Have you seen what passes for truth in the USA lately?
Yeah this isn't a political anything tho. EPA is publishing raw data on radiation. They have a shit ton of measuring places in the US.It would be impossible to do any kind of systematic cover up. So we can leave the tinfoil behind. :-)
https://www.epa.gov/radnet/radnet-air-data-honolulu-hi

Though there are political forces that tries to shut down the EPA (as Pruitt said God had told him so) as an organization they are not part of politics.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:05 am

tautologies wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am
Toby wrote:

Water in Japan in general is safe. I probably would not kite right in Fukoshima, but its safe. Anywhere else in Asia is fine.
Sure Asia is fine....currents go up north to Alaska, then down California, then turns towards Hawaii.

See world current maps...

Conspiracy...well, I learned on this forum that most rumors have truth in it.

There for sure is so much shit out there, one wonders if we really should know.

E.g. Aliens...too many things out there with no logical official explanations.

How did old cultures know several thousands years ago about the planet Pluto? We discovered it in 1930 or so...

Fact is, a lot of radiation got into the water with water. And gonna be way more...only way they can get rid of it.

Anyway, we will see. The truth is out there !!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”