Re: concerning of nuclear radiation ocean surround from japan

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 am

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am
Nope. I didn't vote in the Japanese government.
Ahhhhhhhh......So it is not your fault. Thanks for clarifying that one. Problem solved. Business as usual.

Rick and Morty - "oh, so it's no one's fault"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6X5TnLIQ4

I was not alive in the 1950's when this idiotic law was passed IN THIS COUNTRY! Still, it is my - and our responsibility for it's continuance.
Japan isn't America, I don't get why that's a problem for you. Your laws aren't theirs.

TEPCO cut corners and falsified reports. Substandard work and planning. Bought off government regulations... Business as usual.

So yeah, not my fault for reals.

Huib
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Ouddorp
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Full carbon Wave, Ketos 118cm board, Ketos Foil, BRM Cloud E8+ 6.2 +4.8+3.7+ 2.8+2.2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Huib » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:16 pm

On Facebook there is a community where you can get a lot of information about Fukushima.
People are much more concerned with this than the official media.

https://www.facebook.com/Fukushimaexposd/

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

tautologies wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am

What possible reason do you have for not trusting official reports?
History.

The US is not bombing Cambodia.

Weapons of mass destruction were present in Iraq.

The WTO is not attempting to prevent radiation testing of Japanese caught fish from around Japan.

US State and Federal agencies have not refused to provide additional testing of Pacific Ocean caught fish slated for consumption in the US and for export.

and now..
"the WTO’s ruling against additional radiation tests"
https://www.rt.com/news/419710-seoul-ap ... a-seafood/

tautologies - be honest with yourself - "official reports" have less to do with the truth than most conspiracy theories.

There are big reasons the governments of countries contaminated by the Fukushima radiation want to say 'nothing to see here'. And those reasons are $$$ in 2 forms. The first is payouts with respect to liability. If precedent was ever set on an international level for inter-nation contamination, it would bankrupt the offending nation pretty much instantly. The second is the loss of tax revenue from the (fishing) industries affected and the final export markets.

So there are past and present examples of the "official reports" not being entirely accurate (falsified). And I have also shown you motive that other countries are aware of, and fighting desperately against. And don't think the govenrnment of South Korea is benevolent in this. They simply do not want send money to Japan AND have to pay for the increased cancer rate that will be the result of the South Korean people consuming contaminated fish.
Last edited by Matteo V on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:27 pm

@ Matteo V
Ya nailed it ; good reply !! :thumb:

Here is what i think :
1) By the time, any radiation reaches California from Japan ; it would have
be dispersed into the ocean, to be at a rather safe level. I only eat salmon
that is wild caught in the Atlantic, (for now anyway).

2) It was PHD's , who did the studies, that determined storing nuclear waist, in the
third highest earthquake zone in the USA ,would be safe ; obviously a PHD will skew
results, to prove the side of whoever is paying them to do the study. :angryfire:

Bille
Last edited by Bille on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:27 pm
@ Matteo V

but your response here indicates, that anyone who Doesn't agree
with the great Omnipotent , (LiquidXtasy), --------------------------is a Fag ?

Bille
Please do not attribute that comment to me. I will never resort to bigotry, and I strive to not utilize "ad hominem" arguments. Your personal choices are your own. I will only debate an argument, not the validity of a person.
Your post wrongly attributes this quote to me.

Edit: Bille was missing a quotation in the origional post and has corrected it, and never did intend to attribute that quote to me. I should have PM'ed him on it instead of posting the notification for correction. My bad.
Last edited by Matteo V on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

To change the tone here

There seems to be a confusion about ‘science’ in this thread and in the world in general. As if there is only one kind of pure science out there that is always well done, rational, unbiased and therefore always correct. This, of course, is nonsense. Most of it is bought and paid for by somebody which is inherently a problem. I would like to suggest that before you believe any study you find out who paid for it and how the study itself was set-up, then check that the conclusions actually match the results. Odds are, especially in the fields of biology or medicine, you will be sorely disappointed.
Sorry, off topic and wrong forum but still...

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

There seems to be a confusion about ‘science’ in this thread and in the world in general.
No. There is a complete lack of understanding of basic physics by the general population. Virtually every one here has no clue what the difference is between radiation emitted from an external source vs radioactive material which decays while inside of the body. And that is the reason why swimming in the ocean is a much lower risk (mostly outside of your body) than actually consuming contaminated food (entirely internal).

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Interesting idea. Are you saying that nothing gets absorbed while in the water or so little gets absorbed that it doesn’t matter?

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:36 pm
Bille wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:27 pm
@ Matteo V

There was a quote by LiquidXtasy , located HERE
and this was the quote :
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm
Yes because there are high levels of faggotry leaking out of this thread

but your response here indicates, that anyone who Doesn't agree
with the great Omnipotent , (LiquidXtasy), --------------------------is a Fag ?

Bille
Please do not attribute that comment to me. I will never resort to bigotry, and I strive to not utilize "ad hominem" arguments. Your personal choices are your own. I will only debate an argument, not the validity of a person.
Your post wrongly attributes this quote to me.
There was a QUOTE that you deleted , by LiquidXtasy ; WHY would you do that ?
Didn't catch it till i did my edit job. I'll be more careful with you from
now on.

Bille

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:34 pm
Interesting idea. Are you saying that nothing gets absorbed while in the water or so little gets absorbed that it doesn’t matter?
Idea???

Ingestion is always more damaging than skin contact, even with almost all non-radioactive poisons.

The statement you made illustrates the disconnect from the reality that the general population has regarding the toxicity of radioactive compounds vs radiation from an internal source (those compounds on the inside of the body).

This is not a nuclear safety forum, but yes, there is a extremely small amount of radioactive material (compounds containing at least 1 unstable nucleus) that enters your body via immersion in water. Damage caused by this small amount is insignificant compared to actually ingesting radioactive material. When ingested, the radioactive material not only emits radiation causing damage or other molecules to break up or change completely - it also turns into another element that is often unstable itself. This new element forms new compounds temporarily, where it causes harm via the chemical reactivity of that new compound. Then, the new element, being unstable itself, decays to form a new and typically toxic chemical compound. All the while this is happening, these decay events produce radiation INSIDE the body. Eventually, the radioactive particle (atom) decays to a stable (non-radioactive) nucleus where it no longer radiates radiation, but is still likely to be a part of a toxic chemical compound in your body.

If you can find any evidence, study, or "official report" that swimming in 1000 cubic meters of sea water containing 1mcg of a radioactive compound is anything near as harmful as ingesting that same amount via eating a piece of fish with 1mcg of that same radioactive compound, then I am wrong and so is high school physics.

Again, the general population has no concept of "radiation", as demonstrated here. And you all knew this from high school physics - but now you don't?
Last edited by Matteo V on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”