Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Freeride Kites vs Crossover Kites

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Kiteboarding has come a long way since the early days. What was once an extreme sport is now only as intense as you’d like it to be. Weather you want to experience the freedom of sailing and exploring, you want to wakeboard without a boat. Maybe you want surf in any conditions or you want to get 40 feet of air and push the limits. Best of all it’s an all season, all terrain sport.

Basically, kiteboarding is freedom. It’s gravity, it’s your lift pass for life. All the hype aside, with the evolution of our sport a variety of kites are available. Some are meant to do it all, while others are very niche.

If you’ve followed this series for a while, you might remember me talking about how all kites fall on a spectrum from user friendly freeride to advanced freestyle and wakestyle kites. Now, for every design there are trade offs and for every comparison we dive into the different tradeoffs.

And while every kite in each category has its own characteristics and trade offs, there are certain attributes that are common in every category. We’ll be addressing those common attributes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2FcPEZhe0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2FcPEZhe0I

geron
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Progreso,Yucatan
Gear: TT & foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Freeride Kites vs Crossover Kites

Postby geron » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Grate video; I am at the point where I want to push the Rebel to my highest limit and still have not hit that limit (not close). I would like to know more about the "delta" design because this seem to do all the best for me.

"Basically, kiteboarding is freedom. It’s gravity, it’s your lift pass for life."

Exactly :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”