Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

Forum for kitesurfers
seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

Postby seaplus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Copy...
Any faulty inner valve will deflate its strut, even if the strut doesn't really have a leak.
I discovered the slow leak while kiting...20mins riding and noticed some "flapping" going on.
Came in and pumped up hard...waited 20mins and noticed 3 of the 5 struts were limp, along with a spongy bladder...pull the plug and went home.

At home I did the procedure you reposted
Figured I could wait this out and see if any struts go limp...sure enough, an outboard
strut went flat in a minute. Bingo...I bet the leak is coming from that strut.
...now remembering the kite session, I bet I have 3 octopi failing.
I'm going to disconnect and re-Teflon all 5 struts and see if that does the trick.

I have 5 Drafts in my quiv...prolly need to Teflon all the octopi. That's a sh_tload of struts.

Tim

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 am

seaplus wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 pm
Copy...
Any faulty inner valve will deflate its strut, even if the strut doesn't really have a leak.
I discovered the slow leak while kiting...20mins riding and noticed some "flapping" going on.
Came in and pumped up hard...waited 20mins and noticed 3 of the 5 struts were limp, along with a spongy bladder...pull the plug and went home.

At home I did the procedure you reposted
Figured I could wait this out and see if any struts go limp...sure enough, an outboard
strut went flat in a minute. Bingo...I bet the leak is coming from that strut.
...now remembering the kite session, I bet I have 3 octopi failing.
I'm going to disconnect and re-Teflon all 5 struts and see if that does the trick.

I have 5 Drafts in my quiv...prolly need to Teflon all the octopi. That's a sh_tload of struts.

Tim
It really is not super hard once you've done it once. Make sure you do not put too much teflon tape on. Max 2 rounds should be more than sufficient. I would consider pumping up the kite between working on the strut.

It sounds a bit weird that 3 struts go limp when the LE stays inflated, but when you deflate the LE only one does...I might have misunderstood what is happening.
I've never had an issue identifying where a leak was in my bladder, but on the otherhand I also have not experienced issues much at all.

Like topaz is saying when you deflate the LE it does not make it certain you have a strut issue just because it lose pressure, but if it happens when you have the whole kite inflated then yeah there is something going on.

Return to “Kitesurfing”