Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is it fair? tell me what you think...

Forum for kitesurfers
Dr Cool
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Is it fair? tell me what you think...

Postby Dr Cool » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm
Have seen so many disgruntled consumer complaints on here over the years and so many times its such a lame attempt to cover up user error or just get free shit by badmouthing a shop or brand. This aint one of those times.

If the pic is of 2017 and the text for 2016, there is already an issue on the retailer side. If they confirm an order for a 2017 and ship a 2016.... They are absolutely 100% in the wrong from any angle you look at it. Could be an honest mistake, but if it were they should literally jump at the chance to correct it. If they don't. Name and shame my friend with my full worthless blessing.

Kudos for not throwing them under the bus right away, but waiting for some feedback.

If they don't do the right thing, they have jumped the shark.
Cheers my friend. That's exactly it. I'm too happy in life to be mean for no purpose.
But I have reached an age where I expect a bit of consideration.
In fact I' ve reached an age where people advise me not to ride with boots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Dr Cool on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Cool
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Cool » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:31 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
They are absolutely 100% in the wrong from any angle you look at it. Could be an honest mistake, but if it were they should literally jump at the chance to correct it. If they don't. Name and shame my friend with my full worthless blessing.

Kudos for not throwing them under the bus right away, but waiting for some feedback.

So far they offered a simple refund.
On my side it means paying the shipping from US to France, the shipping from France to US, and 100 USD of Tax: I loose 140 bucks on this
+ the price difference between 2017 and 2016, + a pain in the ass
plus my precious time for two return trips to the post office which is actually a bit far and always packed.

I'll let you know

Dr Cool
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Cool » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:37 pm
Its clear they are 2016 by the big bold print.
It was obviously changed. At that time it was written 2017. How could I not see it, there is a big bold print as you say
Laughingman wrote:
knowing they had made a mistake with the picture then you are trying to take advantage of them.
Why would I be doing this. I'm in France, they're in the US. What are my chances of getting my full refund back? :D
Laughingman wrote:
You obviously knew based on your above post... buyer beware.
When I posted this I had not gone through my old mails. The image that I saw showed the date 2017.
That's only when I dicovered the difference of a 6 put instead of a 7 in the mails that I understood that someone had done the same thing on the site :nono: :nono: :nono:
They tried to tell me that I had not looked carefully. I even trusted them, hence my initial post!
In fact they changed it. Of course, I did not take a sceen capture of the initial offer. Who would?

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Have seen so many disgruntled consumer complaints on here over the years and so many times its such a lame attempt to cover up user error or just get free shit by badmouthing a shop or brand. This aint one of those times.

If the pic is of 2017 and the text for 2016, there is already an issue on the retailer side. If they confirm an order for a 2017 and ship a 2016.... They are absolutely 100% in the wrong from any angle you look at it. Could be an honest mistake, but if it were they should literally jump at the chance to correct it. If they don't. Name and shame my friend with my full worthless blessing.

++++1 Agree with this 100%.

Dr Cool
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Cool » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 pm

What drives me mad is that in retrospect
I obviously clicked on an offer for 2017 gear.
How could I Miss this big bold 2016? I'm not blind :)
They tried to make me think that I was going crayzy
They changed it afterwards as they did on the mails.
And yes they accept refund but not for shipping and of course posting back would be at my expense.
Not to mention 100 USD of tax...

But you might understand that money is not a problem in this case.

I really don't give a shit.
Dishonnesty is the real issue here.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am

If you're not getting anywhere with the shop. Give them a choice to sort out the problem within say 7 days or get in touch with your card issuer. If it's VISA, then you have a high chance of getting your money back.

Dr Cool
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Cool » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

SonnyRider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am
If you're not getting anywhere with the shop. Give them a choice to sort out the problem within say 7 days or get in touch with your card issuer. If it's VISA, then you have a high chance of getting your money back.
I think I've already given up :(
I'm in France, they're is the US. It will just lead nowhere, I don't want to become or appear paranoid on this.
The product I received will do the job.
It is just 1 year older, not the look I wanted, and the discount should have been bigger, but do I really care?

I am now 100% sure I ordered a 2017 pair of boots @ the time and that they changed it
afterwards, when they realised that they did not have the product in stock
(but it did not matter because I was a poor little frenchman who doesn't speak English, and would just have to accept the situation :roll: :roll: )
... in such a clumsy way that they changed the date and not the pic.

The name of the shop will be released soon, as I'd like people who would deal with them in the future
to do screenshots of what they order the day they order.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Sorry that happened to you, Dr Cool. I can't (and shouldn't) comment on whether or not what happened might seem shady, since I know this wasn't us. What I can say is that I know we sometimes (or more often ;) ) get things wrong on the website. We do our best to keep things current and correct, but sometimes we just goof. :oops:

I'm sure at this point, you're sort of resigned to just keeping the boots you have and not being *quite* happy, rather than pay the shipping back and forth/taxes. Maybe you suggest to the shop that you get some sort of credit towards a future purchase? I know you may not want to do any more business with them, but that might be a way for you to feel better served and for them to help you remedy what happened. Just trying to think outside the box a little for you. I think that most of us in this business are here b/c we love the sport and like sharing it with others. When things don't go right, for whatever reason, I don't think any of us are happy about that. I say give them a chance to do something better than the current offer. You might (hopefully) be surprised! Good luck! :thumb:

SENDIT!

Dr Cool
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Cool » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 pm
Sorry that happened to you, Dr Cool. I can't (and shouldn't) comment on whether or not what happened might seem shady, since I know this wasn't us. What I can say is that I know we sometimes (or more often ;) ) get things wrong on the website. We do our best to keep things current and correct, but sometimes we just goof. :oops:

I'm sure at this point, you're sort of resigned to just keeping the boots you have and not being *quite* happy, rather than pay the shipping back and forth/taxes. Maybe you suggest to the shop that you get some sort of credit towards a future purchase? I know you may not want to do any more business with them, but that might be a way for you to feel better served and for them to help you remedy what happened. Just trying to think outside the box a little for you. I think that most of us in this business are here b/c we love the sport and like sharing it with others. When things don't go right, for whatever reason, I don't think any of us are happy about that. I say give them a chance to do something better than the current offer. You might (hopefully) be surprised! Good luck! :thumb:

SENDIT!
Thanks for your nice post SENDIT :bye: :bye: :bye:
Cool to admit that you sometimes do mistakes on the sites.
But at least you do not sound like someone who does it deliberately.

There was no mistake here, just a little date changed after
shipping the wrong item in year 2016 because the demanded and paid for 2017 was not in stock
...but who cares, it's just a little frenchman on the other side of the sea
and he will probably not notice the difference anyway.

No credits wil be given to me by this very unfriendly SC shop.

You are absolutely right, I will keep my boots and forget about it.
And no more remote business with the US. Once bitten twice shy :)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Dr Cool wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 pm
Laughingman wrote:
Its clear they are 2016 by the big bold print.
It was obviously changed. At that time it was written 2017. How could I not see it, there is a big bold print as you say
Laughingman wrote:
knowing they had made a mistake with the picture then you are trying to take advantage of them.
Why would I be doing this. I'm in France, they're in the US. What are my chances of getting my full refund back? :D
Laughingman wrote:
You obviously knew based on your above post... buyer beware.
When I posted this I had not gone through my old mails. The image that I saw showed the date 2017.
That's only when I dicovered the difference of a 6 put instead of a 7 in the mails that I understood that someone had done the same thing on the site :nono: :nono: :nono:
They tried to tell me that I had not looked carefully. I even trusted them, hence my initial post!
In fact they changed it. Of course, I did not take a sceen capture of the initial offer. Who would?
We hashed this out on the first page? Why are you dragging this back out?

Return to “Kitesurfing”