Local Beach: Miami
Favorite Beaches: Varadero
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force NV
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Airush Union vs Liquid Force Envy

Postby Crissssssss » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Hello guys. I wanna get my sencond kite. I’m a beginner, I’m. Using the dna 12m to learn but I’m looking to get my second kite that I can use from now until I get better. I’m looking at the envy 2018 and the union 2016 (9m). Which kite is better for my level and could help me progress faster? Thanks for the help
Last edited by Crissssssss on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob_85
Rare Poster
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Airush Unión vs Liquid Force Envy

Postby Rob_85 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:43 pm

The Union is a a great kite (from my limited experience and skill) and is probably next for me. I’ve currently got Lithiums, but it will be a while until I outgrow them - maybe next season!

Most modern freeride kites at a given level (beginner or intermediate/advanced) are pretty similar, often leaning slightly to a particular discipline. What’s your preferred style, freeride, boosting, wave etc? That might help you narrow the choice down.

Objectively there often isn’t a better or worse kite, it will come down to what flying characteristics you prefer. Being a begginer, as I am, it can be hard to tell the difference, or really benefit more from one or the other. I’ve recently flown the union and ozone enduro, whilst they did have a different feel, I don’t think either one would ultimately help be progress better than the other. Over all I preferred the Union, but that’s just because it reminded me more of the Lithium and I felt more at home.

Of course, this is just my experience and YMMV

Return to “Kitesurfing”