PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Re: SupaEZ Where have you been?

Postby PullStrings » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 am

You sabotaged yourself up with that picture
You had to know that eventually one of us on this forum would notice
You could have stayed under the radar ....oh well you got 5 months out of it :jump:

justbob
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Mbay, Rondeau, Kettle Point
Gear: 14m Switch Nitro 4
12m Switch Nitro 7
11m Switch Element
10m Switch Nitro 6
8m Switch Nitro 4
Jimmy Lewis Model 3
Shinn King Gee
Axis Vanguard
Shinnster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby justbob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 am
Let it be known, I have only ever used one handle at a time. No multiple accounts. That shit is weak.

And this place has most def jumped the shark.

Was banned simply for being critical of Toby. No hate. Simple opinion, with plenty of out in the open examples of his behaviour cited.

Nothing new, its what I have always done. Point out hypocrisy.

No nastiness, no foul language, and all of it in line with everything else you can read on here that I have written over the years.

Now are you gonna give me my old account back or are you gonna shut this one down too?

You want people to contribute on here in a free and open manner, you gotta grow a thicker skin and be willing to self evaluate once in a while.

STARSKY

YA MAN!!! :thumb:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Let it be known, I have only ever used one handle at a time.
You started with a different picture...you should have kept it up and not change it

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:49 am

Well, we found ONE missing KFer

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Let it be known, I have only ever used one handle at a time. No multiple accounts. That shit is weak.

And this place has most def jumped the shark.

Was banned simply for being critical of Toby. No hate. Simple opinion, with plenty of out in the open examples of his behaviour cited.

Nothing new, its what I have always done. Point out hypocrisy.

No nastiness, no foul language, and all of it in line with everything else you can read on here that I have written over the years.

Now are you gonna give me my old account back or are you gonna shut this one down too?

You want people to contribute on here in a free and open manner, you gotta grow a thicker skin and be willing to self evaluate once in a while.

STARSKY
Does it matter though? He's just running a forum, it's not like he's a national distributor whose family owns a couple of shops and is a spouting bullshit advice endlessly and denying legitimate warranty claims then stalking people on Facebook and posting that info on the forums.

And...welcome back :)

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumptheshark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 am

If I didn't let you know exactly who this is, it would simply be weak pandering to the bias. Pease, I tried to be subtle, but literally had to out myself! Every pic, Ive posted on here before. Every comment, the language, the tone, the opinions, exactly in line with my history. Im not some pink north captain core bullshit. I don't even hide my ISP, so Toby has been aware from the get go, but is happy enough to have the content.

I am tired of being edited for simply pointing shit out, and want you to know, that definitely happens. It's so lame. Were not talking about hate, but simply voicing an opinion contrary to the bias. Happens to plenty of others, and most of em are gone now.

This platform is only as good as its contributors.

You want a lame ass forum with nothing but trolls and yes men, then stand idly by while anyone with a valid opinion is slowly weeded out. You think big kite companies are the only thing that can fail?

This forum is sputtering, and I actually want to keep it valid. Toby is not my enemy. Understand that I have absolutely nothing against anyone doing this sport in whatever way floats their boat. I have my own tastes as do we all, but I hate no one. What I dislike are efforts to steer the course of the sports evolution, to rewrite it's history, or weaken the criteria by which its elite levels are judged. The bias on here is very real and it has cost both this forum and our sport as a whole.

There are loads of factors influencing the sport, but this is the largest online community of kiters. There used to be some life in it. Plenty of discussion about the top riders and what they could do. Content and banter that helped them build their names and in turn their sponsors and the industry as a whole. Freestyle, you know, the first professional aspect of the entire sport has been derided on here from the top down for more than a decade. Its in the shitter now. I don't think that's entirely unrelated. Now no one can find there feet as a pro. Waves?, never really been promoted beyond cut and paste and it suffers to find its audience.... That's ridiculous! There is no doubt in my mind that this forum has an impact on the industry as a whole. Brands can certainly get burned here, well, so can tours, and comps and by extension entire branches of the sport. Triple S certainly gets no love from kite forum. King of the air is the only comp that actually gets a little play and it's pretty much all the pros have left. So ridiculous to see Hadlow switching gear mid heat to pander to the bias, but that's where were at. Jessie kills it putting it all right out there for us but barely gets a mention because he didn't take his board off. f*** THAT! This place should be up in arms about that shit, but its crickets because no one who knows any better could be bothered to stick around!

Good editorial work on a forum is all volunteer. Thats right. From enthusiasts. And where do you think real enthusiasts of freestyle are? Not here! They are long gone to the attrition of frustration and repeated disappointment. Sadly, thats a nail in the coffin of riders like Jessie, or Lasse or Sam or every other top notch athlete in the sport whose name no one here knows. Their content is out there on the net, outside this forum, but sadly, top level kiting is long dead in here. If north really is struggling, and liquid force, and slingshot...... It's in part because nothing they work to produce has any fans left in here.

You know this will likely get deleted too, but someone will read it and know. There is no hate in it, and there really isn't any personal attack in it either. There is simply valid complaint.
Last edited by jumptheshark on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:03 am

Suggestion to Toeside...change your title to :anon: Starsky where have you been ?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am

I made the experience that those pros and top riders on here got flammed by wannabees and therefore didn't come back.

And you know exactly what I mean Starsky !!!

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:12 am

Toby wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am
I made the experience that those pros and top riders on here got flammed by wannabees and therefore didn't come back.

Sounds like a little disconnect between "forum" and "real life".

Forum - Pretty much typing words to explain what we do and how we do it, as well as why we think it "is".

Real life - Actually doing it.

Lots of people get turned off by the different levels of freedom of a given forum. I will not judge for your choice to participate or not. I will say that those without thick enough skins to participate, and without thick enough skins to allow participation, are either missed or grudgingly accepted respectively.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:43 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 am
You want a lame ass forum with nothing but trolls and yes men...
Oh, that'd be seabreeze.com.au

Return to “Kitesurfing”