Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: SupaEZ Where have you been?

Postby Sandras » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 am

Toby is super easy going with the forum. Let's the things go and intervenes only if it is very needed.

We should be all glad to have this place to discuss and get informed and we should all prune the weeds/trolls/leeches that grow in here.
It's a greatest source of kiting information I can find online and the biggest place to meet other kiters.

I can tell you what I see as a likely scenario:
We all break his @@ so much that he decides to sell the whole forum/page for what it is worth and get peace...
The new owner most likely will want it for the profit and not for the fun of it and the place loses it's spirit and it's vibe -> being heavily moderated...

PS: I don't know what Starkey did and I found many of his posts useful but I trust that if he crossed Tobys limits, he went too far...

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby FLandOBX » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Sandras wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 am
PS: I don't know what Starkey did and I found many of his posts useful but I trust that if he crossed Tobys limits, he went too far...
+1 :thumb:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pm

I think the lightwind showdown between Dimitri and SuperEz must be one of the highlights of the forums history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkFhVvtJOM

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:47 pm

The other one highlight in the forum's history has to be the now locked 142 pages thread INF BS from pmu w/ ez & oldnb

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:47 pm
The other one highlight in the forum's history has to be the now locked 142 pages thread INF BS from pmu w/ ez & oldnb
I cant remember the chronology since I cant find any of it on the Forum history, perhaps it was destroyed by Toby for legal reasons, but I think it was that thread that lead to the 5 knot world championship show down Florida 2013.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 am

UKSurf wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm
PullStrings wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:47 pm
I cant remember the chronology since I cant find any of it on the Forum history, perhaps it was destroyed by Toby for legal reasons, but I think it was that thread that lead to the 5 knot world championship show down Florida 2013.
To find this locked thread & real all about it search your own posts and go to your page 28 to see where you started on it... which was page 9
Not destroyed & yes it lead to historical smack down :cheers:

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 am

K, I did a bit of that. Just a quick skim back and I can't really find any clearly offensive hate or language from either. Nothing that crosses the line that's for sure.

Supa had a seriously unhealthy fixation but he used consistently tame language and never devolved. More a death by a thousand cuts but I can only assume it got under Dimitry's skin enough and he has been a paid advertising here. I can't blame people for getting sick of Supaez's schtick, but is it really any dif from Pump me up?

Starry also never devolved into offensive language or even stuck on any particular issue ad nauseam. Can you really be banned for calling it like you see it?

Look back at letsflyakite or liquidxtacy and you see all kinds of nasty personal attacks and language yet, those guys are still here.

Am I missing something or wouldn't it be pretty easy to find some sort of evidence for ejection amongst what is left of their posts? There is enough of them. I mean it can't really be that only the civil is left behind. Leopards don't change their spots and from what I've read you can get a pretty clear idea of what either is like, and its far better that some of what we have.

Can someone dredge up something really offensive that either has posted?

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 am

Can definitely find Dimitry hating life in that video clip, but what does EZ weigh? On par with the average 11 year old girl! Dimity is pretty short but he has an actual man's body. I'd like EZ to be reinstated so we can get a high wind smack down as a sequel..... rrrriight. K, maybe not. Still I can't stop wondering how EZ would have done with appropriate weight added to at least make them close to comparable. If we can't get that, I'd be in for a crowdfunded prize for a wrestling match between the two. Starky could ref.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 am

Just for the record, I thank Toby for this site. I've learned a ton from it. I also post on Sailing Anarchy, and that place is pretty wild sometimes. They have multiple moderators but like here there is one guy who started and owns the site, and he lets pretty much anything go.

jaros
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jaros » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:34 am

I like Starsky's contribution to this site and usually did find his posts very helpful and informative. I would be sad he is gone, if i was not certain he is still here under a different name. I am pretty sure he is writting in this very thred also... :thumb:
But, i also beleive that sometimes it is not smart to tell / write everything you feel, especially if that offends someone. If that "someone" is the man who hosts you under his roof even more so...
Ps: Toby, I thank you for this great forum! 😁

Return to “Kitesurfing”