Gear: old junk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Bigger boost: Mono or Boxer?

Postby Eltreato » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:11 am

Slappysan wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:46 am
Eltreato wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 pm
I respectfully disagree, I find the jumping on all of my Solos depressing, then again I came to them from high aspect 5 strut kites. I don't think the issue is specific to the Solo it's more a matter affecting all single struts kites. That said at this point with foiling the LF works well for me.
It's not the strut count you are noticing, but the aspect ratio.

Single strut kites jump the same as 3 or 5 strut kites unless you are looping during the jump.

My Solos jump well enough, but I don't like them for powered loops.
I agree Slappy my previous kites I'm comparing to were very high aspect allowing for big air, the high strut count let me ride them super lit which also helped for boosting. I'd like to try a slightly higher aspect single strut kite offering, then again I'm pretty happy with the drift I get with the Solos when foiling.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Bigger boost: Mono or Boxer?

Postby tautologies » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 am

iblocalsurfer wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:34 pm

For what its worth....A review on the 5 best kites for foiling (includes the Mono and Boxer)
Here ya go Taut......
Hmm. Not a hell of a lot of detail. On the other side..not sure what I expected. :o Appreciate the post tho.

Return to “Kitesurfing”