Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurfing holiday Germany/ Denmark

Forum for kitesurfers
Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kitesurfing holiday Germany/ Denmark

Postby Dirk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:24 pm

As Onda said officially you need to stay on a camp site overnight. In St. Peter and Sylt there are camp sites directly at the kite spots (you might need to walk a bit or do a quick drive). There are many on the Danish west coast ( don't know about the Baltic Sea side). I am not much of a camper but I think some booking in advance might be useful during summer.

PeteB86
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bermuda
Style: freestyle
Gear: cabrinha switchblades
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby PeteB86 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Dirk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:18 am
Not sure how much sightseeing your family and you want to do, but you can take a 2 hours train from Hamburg to Berlin. Berlin as the capital is Germany‘s largest city and a very exciting place (maybe you can arrange leaving your kitesurfing gear in Hamburg). My favourite budget hotel chain for city trips is Motel1.
Hi Dirk,
Slowly organizing our summer Germany plans. Motel 1 has a number of locations in Berlin. Which one would you recommended for a family of 4 with teens? Location above all else- access to coffee shops , subways , central..

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Wed May 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Motel One Hackescher Markt: https://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/ber ... gJW1PD_BwE

It is in Berlin Mitte, which is one of the hippest areas of Berlin, loads of small restaurants, coffee shops, individual retail shops. When fashion brands think about putting a concept store into Berlin they do it there. it is absolutely central with the a subway station around the corner.
With our family of 4 we book two rooms and usually they are able to put them next to each other.
If you like Vietnamese food go to Monsieur Vuong (Alte Schönhauser Str. 46) which is around the corner. One of my favourite restaurants in Berlin.

Return to “Kitesurfing”