Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Switch Kites Helium3 only days away :-)

Forum for kitesurfers
Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New Switch Kites Helium3 only days away :-)

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 pm

So the single Strut kite will never happen then?

No Switch for me then... I already have 2 awesome 3 strut light wind kites 15m and 17m.. too bad Airush Ultra it's gonna be...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 pm
So the single Strut kite will never happen then?

No Switch for me then... I already have 2 awesome 3 strut light wind kites 15m and 17m.. too bad Airush Ultra it's gonna be...
Element v6 in smaller sizes are onestrut.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm a 100kg I need a 15m single strut that will stay up there in the lull in 4 knots I can ride in around 5 or 6 knots on my foil but my GTS LW 15M will fall form the sky even if I keep it moving. The kite is awesome fast responsive, great drifting plenty of power, amazing in waves. I was hoping for something reasonably priced from Switch but it looks like it's not going to happen. Too bad a missed market opportunity. There's like a 100 companies making kites and they all have 3 struts light wind kites.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm
I'm a 100kg I need a 15m single strut that will stay up there in the lull in 4 knots I can ride in around 5 or 6 knots on my foil but my GTS LW 15M will fall form the sky even if I keep it moving. The kite is awesome fast responsive, great drifting plenty of power, amazing in waves. I was hoping for something reasonably priced from Switch but it looks like it's not going to happen. Too bad a missed market opportunity. There's like a 100 companies making kites and they all have 3 struts light wind kites.
Don't know why you would want a LEI for those winds...

But it's said a hundred times for a few years already that Switch missed an opportunity with monostrut kites. They could've been one of the first, because a monostrut was in the works for a long time, but if the company decides they're not going that route, too bad.

I understand their decision... at the time the one strut market was very small so it would be a big gamble, and I don't think Switch was in a position they could afford it.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windigo1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 am

Because I ride inland lakes at home and the wind is fickle after swimming for hours with a foil and kite a few times you start prefer LEI over closed cell foils. I still have several foils but I use them mostly in the winter on the snow or when I travel on seaside destinations.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 am

Thanks posting the weight information Felix.

That sounds right on the money to me. The weight is pretty similar to the single strut kites I have weighed (or close enough that I wouldn't discount them for light wind on weight alone). Interested to hear the flying characteristics as the reviews start to come out after launch ( I won't try and pry before you run your launch events).

Thanks for being so responsive.

Return to “Kitesurfing”