Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I'll have to change my name now North Kiteboarding is no more..

Forum for kitesurfers
Liquidleisure
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sicily - pizziteddu
Sicily - Lagoon of Marsala
Sicily - S. Julian's Beach
Favorite Beaches: Everywhere the wind is!
Style: Waves & Freeride
Gear: North kiteboarding Rebel + Evo
North Whip
North Select
Brand Affiliation: VISA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I'll have to change my name now North Kiteboarding is no more..

Postby Liquidleisure » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:38 pm

wjb wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 am
TommyDuotone wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm
And......at the end of day, it comes down to performance, quality, and value(not necessarily in that order). IMO, riders buy kites that fit their riding style, helps them accomplish their goals/tricks the easiest, and that are the most enjoyable to ride. And, to keep the rider, it comes down to good customer service. North seems to have done that well over the last 17 years. So, I don't think a name or logo change is that big of a deal, as long as the customers are kept informed. Which seems to be happening thanks to the most talked about topic on this forum.

🤝 👏👏👏👏👏

This may be true when you buy a vacuum cleaner or a blender. Buying kitesurfing kites involves a lot more passion. You have a greater connection to the product and you are proud to wear their logos on hats shirts etc. Saying the name is not that important is naive.

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

So many threads. If anyone has questions about what's going on I'm going to do my best to answer them on this thread: http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1& ... 2&start=60

PinkDuotonePride
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach Cabo Verde
Style: Fabulous
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Duotone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PinkDuotonePride » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 am

No.. I think there will be far better insights without bias on this thread thank you, it also looks like one of the biggest threads this forum has had recently and with some contributors from a wider range of the Industry and its user base with the majority still incredulous that this has been allowed to happen...

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm

You guys are so funny and so driven by marketing and brands. Who cares what’s printed on the kite as long as it flies as you like.

I never was loyal to any brand. I just like different kites and use what works for me.

But I have to agree with you that picking a name which has sentimental value for the founder but sounds like shit to everyone else is kind of funny. They had the chance to improve and clearly picked something bad.

G

Return to “Kitesurfing”