stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby stefarius » Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Tried the Nexus 9m feels almost the same as the Section only a bit shorter turning circle and more aggressive power (lift/boost)
Below the Nexus vs Section2 vs GTS4
Last edited by stefarius on Sun May 20, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Postby stefarius » Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 am

Pretty please; has anyone tested the 12m Nexus, how is it; especially the turning speed and low end and whatever you can tell me, and I am also very interested in the weight of the kite, could someone weigh it, please?

Truly appreciated any feedback on the 12m.

HaraldR
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Gear: Core Nexus 12, 9, 7
Core Choice
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby HaraldR » Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm

The 12m Nexus weights exactly 3,6 Kg. I had two low wind sessions by now, but it was a little bit too low, so I wasn’t able to ride upwind with my 136-41 Twintip. Despite that i would say that the kite offers a good low wind performance, the turning speed is all so round and fast, as expected. But, as I said, two sessions in low and marginal winds. A better conclusion will surely be possible after a few more sessions.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm

JustAGirl wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am
The XR isn’t a beginner kite either, it’s just a pure hangtime kite, so it’s more stable, but loop it 100 times & you‘ll bust a tube. It’s built for insane hangtime, not for loops!
I loop my XR5 9m all the time.. why would it bust a tube ? Is there a design fault or news I've missed out on ?

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri May 25, 2018 7:17 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm
JustAGirl wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am
The XR isn’t a beginner kite either, it’s just a pure hangtime kite, so it’s more stable, but loop it 100 times & you‘ll bust a tube. It’s built for insane hangtime, not for loops!
I loop my XR5 9m all the time.. why would it bust a tube ? Is there a design fault or news I've missed out on ?
This person doesn’t know what they’re talking about. I do the same and some megaloop theirs, though loops are not it’s forte.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

HaraldR wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm
The 12m Nexus weights exactly 3,6 Kg. I had two low wind sessions by now, but it was a little bit too low, so I wasn’t able to ride upwind with my 136-41 Twintip. Despite that i would say that the kite offers a good low wind performance, the turning speed is all so round and fast, as expected. But, as I said, two sessions in low and marginal winds. A better conclusion will surely be possible after a few more sessions.
Super! Thanks veru much Harald. If you have a few more sessions, I'd appreciate if you could share more feedback on the 12m. :thumb:

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Wed May 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Great Review in Kiteworld this month, which given they had 6 days of wind and unlimited size range is pretty comprehensive.

Re looping, the XR5, it loops quickly and easily with no stress pivoting about its tip and not generating a deal of pull. The GTS series can be brutal during a loop sequence, but the Nexus loop although much more powerful than an XR5, is more mellow than a GTS which flatters some freestyle and unhooked tricks.

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada

Postby JustAGirl » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Correct, Capt Core. Sorry if I got ppl confused with my comment about busting a tube... it only happens if you don’t close the tube valves... the xr4 had a weakness when handled improperly, which happens a lot, but the xr5 can handle sloppy care & abuse no prob ...

Craven Morehead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: UK South Coast
Favorite Beaches: Silver Rock
Style: questionable
Gear: Core Nexus

Postby Craven Morehead » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am

I bought a full quiver of these from CaptainCore back in May. I took a 7, 9 and 12 to Dakhla for a week of punishment and used the 7 almost all the time. I've had GTS's and XR's in the past but, due to my age, and my continual GTS beatings on poorly executed back roll kiteloops in 25 knots plus, I thought it was time to try something that might be a little less powerful to ease my repetitive backslams!

I can't advise much on the 9, 12 and 15 which I also bought as the UK is now in it's 9th week of wind drought. Grrrr!

The 7 however is phenomenal. I've boosted higher on this than the equivalent in XR and GTS. The feel is spot on even in gusty conditions and the kite inspires confidence.

The 9, with which I got just one afternoon on in Dakhla was equally boosty, great in the waves but not nearly as quick in the loop as my trusty old GTS2. The big difference for me on these kites so far is the feel. I always know where the kite is without having to look and as my spacial awareness seems to be fading rapidly.

It's almost impossible to have it all in one kite design but so far I'm really pleased. Whilst mainly a twintip rider, I wanted a go for a design that would help me develop my directional board capability but not really had a chance yet to give this a go.

Hoping for wind so I can update before Nexus 2 is introduced!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”