Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Re: Switch Lineup

Postby CaptainCore » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Imagine what that's going to be like when something goes wrong.

TangTonic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St. Croix
Style: all
Gear: Wainman

Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby TangTonic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Ok I was able to get a status update and kite is on the way so all good there. Also let them know about email not showing up on website.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:47 pm

TangTonic wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm
Ok I was able to get a status update and kite is on the way so all good there. Also let them know about email not showing up on website.
Yeah, they just changed their website... looks like there are some bugs. Forum doesn't work either.

Don't worry about the customer service :thumb:

hongchew
Medium Poster
Gear: airush

Postby hongchew » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:44 am

Yes their website is probably done by some kiter moonlighting as web designer. Can't even order a kite from Android phone with the new interface.

But so is Zeekos website, but I'm happy with my purchase.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 pm

I am considering Helium for light wind. I am riding TT, 80kg. Have 12m as biggest at the moment. Can someone with experience advice which size of Helium would fit better for TT in lets say 10-15knots. 16 or 18m?

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm

I also had some problems with the order I made last week. UPS called me today and should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire
Been thanked: 0

Postby felixp » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello Guys.
The team is working hard to resolve all the transfer issues with the new site.
Sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing .
Please email support@switchkites.com for any further inquires .
Regards
Felix.

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:55 am

It's a fairly minor thing, but I really like that Switch supply their kites with a minimalist draw string bag. I did a short road trip recently and it was easy to put 4 kites in the car in the same space that 2-3 kites would take in normal backpacks.

When setting up I can simply stuff the bag into my pocket while pumping. It is very convenient. I kept a backpack when I discarded my old kites, but I have had no reason to use it so far.

I see they have added a shoulder strap and compression straps to the draw string bag. Hopefully that will add to the functionality without decreasing the minimalist convenience.

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.
Been thanked: 0

Postby _Jakobie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 am

tomato wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 pm
I am considering Helium for light wind. I am riding TT, 80kg. Have 12m as biggest at the moment. Can someone with experience advice which size of Helium would fit better for TT in lets say 10-15knots. 16 or 18m?
Im 100kg with wet gear and I ride a TT 140x42, got the H3 16, had the H2 15.5 before.
I can use the H3 down to around 10kn, not feeling any lag of power. :D

TangTonic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St. Croix
Style: all
Gear: Wainman

Shinn

Postby TangTonic » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 pm

I received my 10M Element about week ago. Had some good wind this past Sunday to test it out. I live on a little island in the Caribbean so I don't get the opportunity to test many kites. My first kite was a Kahoona. I then moved onto Wainmans and rode the 9m smoke for many years. I've ridden Pivots, SST's, Rally's and a few others. Not sure what pulled me in the Switch direction but I always like to be a little different from the masses and I figured what is there to lose with the 30-day money back guarantee.

First impressions:
Love the simple drawstring bag. I bought the kite bag for some reason I guess not realizing it came with the drawstring one. The kite bag is well made so no regrets purchasing that also.

The kite itself seems very well made and I dig the yellow/black color scheme. I also like how the name and size isn't overly emphasized on the kite. Bridles and pulleys are nice and the line setting are nicely identified.

I flew the kite on a Slingshot bar. Right off the bat, the kite felt like something I had been riding for a long time. Pretty much zero adjustment period. I found that it turned quickly and had good power. When boosting, I was very impressed with the lift and hang time. I'm not one to boost and land all soft and slow, I like to boost and land fast. But I found this kite allows you to do it either way which is great.

I did feel like the upwind ability left a little to be desired, but I need some more time on the kite before making that statement. The wind direction for the spot I was at wasn't the best so that probably had something to do with it.

Overall, I am very stoked! I regret not ordering the bar. I ordered one today and will report back once I have had a chance to test it out.

Thanks Switch, you have just gained another rider on your team!

Return to “Kitesurfing”