Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Strut Valves breaking after 1 year in tropical climate

Postby iriejohn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 am
Clear defect in my opinion. The goods need to meet the intended use under the sale of goods act, and this clearly fails. Contact Ozone and give them a chance to rectify this.
The Sale of Goods Act was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid

Postby Pemba » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:01 am

Mine also ended up breaking off. Quite weird, really sudden, one day I was still kiting, a month or so later I unpack the kite and 3 or so valves are broken off, dangling.. This didn't happen after one year but more like after three or four years though. Just about none of my other kites make it that long though, they all start having valve delamination before that. I tried to get the broken (Ozone) valves off with hot water to replace them and ended up giving up. I've taken off and re glued many valves but none were even close to as well attached as these. So overall still very happy with the Ozone this but it does appear that breaking valves should be avoidable. I've also noted a difference between struts and leading edge. ALL valves on leading edge delaminate, and none on the struts. Or the other way round. Doesn't make any sense it seems, maybe just a coincidence, but I appear to always only have issues with the leading edge.

pablomontanero
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006

Postby pablomontanero » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 am

I had the same problem with two of my edges. I contacted Ozone and they reacted very generously. They replaced the broken valves free of cost even if the kites were older than one year. I received very good service from Ozone for this valve issue.

Return to “Kitesurfing”