Forum for kitesurfers
kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Re: Woo 1.0 vs 2.0 vs 3.0

Postby kiterocky » Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Without reality test .no test about accuracy..Can Be considered as a scam..???and refund??

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby downunder » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 am

Yes,

it might be considered for the "Class Action" as misleading the users big time. But, for the Class action we would need a number of people and that just won't happen.

It is more of the reminder never ever to buy something just arrived on the market. Buy a v3, but not v1.

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 am

Anod how do you guys propose to test real height? Its very hard to do it well by just taking pictures. One would need a sort of laser tracker, empty beach with flat and offshore to do it easily and right.,

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 am

downunder wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 am
Yes,

it might be considered for the "Class Action" as misleading the users big time. But, for the Class action we would need a number of people and that just won't happen.

It is more of the reminder never ever to buy something just arrived on the market. Buy a v3, but not v1.
Class action?

YOu guys take life WAY too seriously.

Imagine if your Google Maps got the traffic wrong, you going to sue them too?

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 am

Google maps is free....i pay the woo...and wrong mesure between the V 1v2 v3..and no reality check by the producer...Just trust or Faith ..people buy anyway..very good investiment

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am

Tone wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 am
downunder wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 am
Yes,

Class action?

YOu guys take life WAY too seriously.

Imagine if your Google Maps got the traffic wrong, you going to sue them too?

Rotho. That's why I said the second sentience, didn't I? ;)

But, yes, you are right, just wait till someone sue them too. Yanks particularly. A Class Action was just won in AU against big 4 banks for the fees they were charging. Charging within the limits of the Law. How's that? I recon, there was way less fees charged per person than $300 (as Woo).

Were they taking life WAY too seriously? It's money, man, show me the money....It is the likes who will go with the flow and buy whatever to satisfy their ego. Nothing else. Will they be able to pass Woo to children in 15-20 years time?

Nope. The mechanical watch maybe, but not the gadget. And that is where the World is going, satisfying tiny egos, not thinking about the future....Luckily, have no kids myself.

Good luck.

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Postby fluidity » Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am

I think we have to remember it's not a tape measure, ultrasonic measure or laser measure.
The technology is very new and still in the process of refinement. As I mentioned on page 2 of this thread, it can theoretically be thrown off by something as simple as lumping in jump time with sea level riding when determining sea level height. The designers had to be very aware of the differences between the different versions and I can't say I agree with their publicity not being clear on the measuring differences, switchkites did a similar thing releasing an Element V6 by a different designer and choosing to keep it quiet. But the kite handles better and the woo3 shows higher jumps.
If we had a better standard than the woo to measure against then we'd be able to make more informed decisions.
My guess is it took woo sports between the woo1 to the woo3 to make better adjustments for removing in-jump time from water level height averaging... I could be wrong but it fits, I can spend 3% of my time in jumps according to the woo2 which would raise the average height over that time and reduce my detected height if not corrected. Or if I look at a local rider Garrick's in air time on the woo3 vs the woo2 the woo3 shows about twice the air time!! :o
So that could be a woo3 calculated actual in air time of 5% to 8% of total session time which has to heavily affect the woo2 average height if not compensated for. It's potentially even worse, Any averaging calculation will have to ditch old values after a while, say you deploy your kite 5M above sea level and power up your woo before taking your board down to sea level, say the woo is averaging for a minute before your first jump, by the time you jump, your woo might be subtracting 2 or 3 meters from your actual height. Woo sports need to use an algorithm that ONLY averages height to determine true water level during non jumping, non shore time.

But here is the open question to Woo sports, can you release a firmware update to correct the earlier product jump height readings?
And if not, what's the explanation, are you stuck with accelerometers with chip manufacturer height averaging that you can't figure out how to correct?
Or are there other factors?

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Fri May 18, 2018 11:22 am

The answer is. ..its a Toy 😁😁 and never Be accurate if u lucky u Will have High Jump than your friend to show off ..they Will never test the reality and ruin their business..until people Will buy they are lucky

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am

kiterocky wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:22 am
The answer is. ..its a Toy 😁😁 and never Be accurate if u lucky u Will have High Jump than your friend to show off ..they Will never test the reality and ruin their business..until people Will buy they are lucky
Want to improve your jumping, buy Woo 4.. : :jump:

As seen on table on page 1 - newer revision reports higher jumps than previous.. A decade and Woo-users constantly report 100m jumps.. :lol: :lol:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm

you dudes are funny..

yes.. throw a class action against a company with about 10 employees and see how much dow you gonna get back :-)
So are you pissed at woo for trying to fix and improve their product?
Keep in mind, they have never made any claims about the precision of the device.
I don't know why so many people assumed that it would have millimeter-grade precision.
From what I can tell, the precision of current version is on par or better than deriving the height from a phone snapshot of a jump or gopro footage.
That pretty much gives you bragging rights without the hassle of video setup, assistants and counting pixels on a crappy video where you appear as a few dots.
If that does not work for you, then just don't buy the damn thing.. wait for rocket science to advance.

Return to “Kitesurfing”