Gear: cabrinha sb
North xride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Core Sensor Bar 3 release

Postby denisb » Sat May 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi all,

Since it was already 2 yrs ago that the 2s was released, i was wondering if someone knows whether the sensor bar 3 will come out this summer.

I’m about to get a new core bar and don’t necessarily want to buy 2s if 3 is just around the corner.
Maybe thr Core reps can help out here ;).

Thanks!

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Re: Core Sensor Bar 3 release

Postby SaltWaterDog » Sun May 13, 2018 11:58 am

I doubt you’ll be given news here on the forum on yet to be released products, but one reason I like Core’s approach is that they keep it simple and prioritise compatibility across their products. Having one size bar for all kites is a big plus for me. The 2S/Pro Sensor bar is great and I don’t think you should wait it out to see when the next bar arrives. Just my opinion.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Sun May 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Are you one of these who day after premier of new iphone gets very upset because he has last year model? I have spoiler alert for you, kitesurfing gear doesn't change a lot. Last big development was hardshell hardness I can't think about any other significant change. Almost everything else is just an evolution of iteration what's already out there. Specially bar

denisb
Rare Poster
North xride

Postby denisb » Sun May 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks for the first answers - since Corr does not give any disounts / promotions / sale on their products i think the iPhone comparison is pretty weak (you can find a bunch on sale as soon as the new is about to arrive).

No problem for owning older gear (have a bunch of them) just don’t want to pay full price for a product that’s abut to get replaced for newer product for the same price.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster

Postby SaltWaterDog » Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Well, if you take the latest Nexus kite release, the first preview/tease was about 2 weeks before it was made available online. But if you already have a bunch of old Sensor bars you can wear out maybe you should wait? Impossible to say when a new one will arrive and SolarSet is right, ground breaking innovations are unlikely going forward. Especially from a company like Core who like minimalist design and instead put lots of resources into build quality and durability. Unless they want to start messing around with backline trim, which I don’t believe is objectively better and is more complicated to engineer (more moving parts), I don’t see what they could do to drastically improve the Sensor design. The Sensor Pro is one of the nicest bars out there, in my opinion.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sun May 13, 2018 8:50 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm
I don’t see what they could do to drastically improve the Sensor design. The Sensor Pro is one of the nicest bars out there, in my opinion.
:lol: Make it drastically a push away QR like North !!......and while at it.. " adjustable back lines at bar end "....no more bungee trim line & cleat

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster

Postby SaltWaterDog » Sun May 13, 2018 9:08 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:50 pm
SaltWaterDog wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm
I don’t see what they could do to drastically improve the Sensor design. The Sensor Pro is one of the nicest bars out there, in my opinion.
:lol: Make it drastically a push away QR like North !!......and while at it.. " adjustable back lines at bar end "....no more bungee trim line & cleat
I like it clean and simple, you like gadgets. To each his own, I suppose. There’s nothing magical about backline trim (yet anyways) and the simplicity of twist qr will always be more reliable than the push mechanism. Torque > push, that’s just science. Sorry.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:50 pm

A good safety note here: There are 3 main types of CL releases with respect to their activation motion.

1. Push away (majority and seen as the standard)
2. Pull toward (old style CL, some "direct from China" bars, and some recent Ozone bars [recently Ozone switched to "push away])
3. Twist (only Core?)

A great safety trick is to consider your CL release activates by all of these in one motion. As you check things over and are laying out your bar and checking your lines and CL operation - Think about and DO ALL THREE MOTIONS AT ONCE!!! Make your "Oh S--T, I need to release" reaction into push-pull-twist all in one. That way, even if you are using a core bar, the motions will all be there to release the kite. The added benefit is that you will be performing a motion that will also dislodge sand/snow from your CL release.

denisb
Rare Poster
North xride

Postby denisb » Sun May 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Do you know if there are any problems using the bar with Cabrinha kites ? Bunch of people talk about the high-Y setup or the safety system (single line safety) etc. but seems like there is no consensus

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm
3. Twist (only Core?)
I have North bars push away and Sensor bars twist away

It's quite faster...and makes more sense universally to push than to have to turn the QR like a door knob

I find it old fashioned to have a swinging pin that is held by a piece of rope......reminds me of flip phone era :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”