Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke V1 vs V2

Forum for kitesurfers
Bill C
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke V1 vs V2

Postby Bill C » Sun May 13, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm a long-time Mako owner (but not the Duke). Other boards have come and gone, but I always kept my Makos because I like them. I ride crappy east coast ocean (US) conditions and just want something floaty and simple. Not interested in the Jester for board-offs and so forth.

Trying to find some input from someone who has ridden the V1 and V2 in choppy surf. Does having different fin configurations in the V2 offer an advantage in choppy surf (quad set-up for instance) or does it matter much?

Thanks

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Re: Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke V1 vs V2

Postby madworld » Sun May 13, 2018 4:11 pm

No difference to chop, I prefer the thrust-er setup, IMHO.

atomic-chomik
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The wild west
Style: Freeride/Surf
Gear: North Dice 8 and 10m
North Neo 12m
OR Prodigy 7m
OR Prodigy 9.5.
OR Prodigy 12m
2014 Rebel 5m and 8m
OR 17M Flite
OR Duke
Cabrinha Phenom 5'8
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke V1 vs V2

Postby atomic-chomik » Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 am

I have hundreds of days on the duke. It is my go-to do everything tough as nails multi-tool of kiteboarding board. The 5 fin option in my mind is the way to go. The quad rips upwind and is great on open face waves, the thruster at the back is unique and works very well for all around, but my favorite now is the tradition thruster setup as it is easier to release the fins on waves(larger and small). Personal preference and i change it up every so often, especially to quad. At any rate, you won't go wrong with V1 but if you can get V2. Did i mention tough as nails? Man, there is no way my board should be in operation shape after all I've done to it lol.
Attachments
spray.jpg
spray.jpg
spray.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”