Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: naish pivot vr ozone enduro

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

why ? the new enduro looking promising

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Enduro is a great super versatile kite. If I was to add any kite to my quiver tomorrow it would be the Enduro.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm

The enduro is great, I think it turns faster and feels a bit lighter in the air than the pivot, so perhaps is better for a wave kite, but I haven't ridden the last two years of pivots so take that for what it's worth. The pivot and enduro are both great all around kites I don't think you can go wrong with either, but the privot I think jumps higher. I try to stay away from "low end" power questions because kite manufacturers tend to not make their for instance 10 meter kite exactly 10 meters. So the enduro 10 meter kite might actually be 9.5 meters while the pivot 10 meter kite might be 10.5 meters so you'll feel that the pivot has "better low end" but what you really should be doing is comparing the 11m enduro vs the 10m pivot. Those numbers I just made up, the point is "low end" and "high end" are tricky when kite manufacturers lie about the actual kite sizes, so don't be afraid to compare different size kites for instance don't be afraid to compare a 11m to a 10m if you compare them side by side. Let us know which one you get. I think if I were woosting I would buy the pivot but if I were wave riding I would get the catalyst.

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 pm

edt wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm
The enduro is great, I think it turns faster and feels a bit lighter in the air than the pivot, so perhaps is better for a wave kite, but I haven't ridden the last two years of pivots so take that for what it's worth. The pivot and enduro are both great all around kites I don't think you can go wrong with either, but the privot I think jumps higher. I try to stay away from "low end" power questions because kite manufacturers tend to not make their for instance 10 meter kite exactly 10 meters. So the enduro 10 meter kite might actually be 9.5 meters while the pivot 10 meter kite might be 10.5 meters so you'll feel that the pivot has "better low end" but what you really should be doing is comparing the 11m enduro vs the 10m pivot. Those numbers I just made up, the point is "low end" and "high end" are tricky when kite manufacturers lie about the actual kite sizes, so don't be afraid to compare different size kites for instance don't be afraid to compare a 11m to a 10m if you compare them side by side. Let us know which one you get. I think if I were woosting I would buy the pivot but if I were wave riding I would get the catalyst.
good point how v1 compare to v2

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue May 15, 2018 5:35 pm

sorry don't know the difference from v1 and v2. Maybe someone else can help with that.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 pm

I've never used a Pivot or Enduro V1 so can't compare, but my Enduro V2's (6/8/10/12) have a huge wind range and they also completely depower when required (I could easily use 6/9/12). Great allround kites for both freeride and waves on a TT and a SB.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Pivot for Hawaii, Enduro everywhere else. 2015 Catalyst was even better, had more power, better jumping, looping, f*** better everything and that is when they kill it, just because.

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Gonzolinho wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm

The fanboys here will try to tell you something different but it isn´t.
:lol: You seem a fanboy yourself for the Enduro. And you're allowed to, good to see you enjoy it. Just don't make it look like it's true because it's your opinion. Nothing more than that.

There's enough on this forum on the Pivot to make up your mind about it. Having flown 2015&2016 Pivots and now owning 2 2017s I can confirm there's a serious difference between them in favour of the 2017.

Ideally, try to fly the 2 kites and see which fits your style best.

Return to “Kitesurfing”