Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Vacuum pressure for sucking water out of a surfboard?

Forum for kitesurfers
Al_Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave SST 9m, 7m, 5m
Airush Converse 6'1'', FW EVO 5'3''
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Vacuum pressure for sucking water out of a surfboard?

Postby Al_Kiter » Tue May 22, 2018 8:43 pm

If you have a vacuum pump, then you need an intermediate reservoir to regulate the vacuum and collect the water. I have made a reservoir out of an old kite pump with a valve and a vacuum gauge

The tube that goes into the kite pump goes down to the bottom and the tube that goes out is connected high up. That way there is never any risk of water going into the vacuum pump. The valve lets me regulate the vacuum, so I can even leave the pump working overnight if I want to.

As Dwight wrote, you need to make to holes in the board: one for sucking out the water and the other one for letting the air in.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Vacuum pressure for sucking water out of a surfboard?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Wed May 23, 2018 1:34 am

Al_Kiter wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:43 pm
If you have a vacuum pump, then you need an intermediate reservoir to regulate the vacuum and collect the water. I have made a reservoir out of an old kite pump with a valve and a vacuum gauge

The tube that goes into the kite pump goes down to the bottom and the tube that goes out is connected high up. That way there is never any risk of water going into the vacuum pump. The valve lets me regulate the vacuum, so I can even leave the pump working overnight if I want to.

As Dwight wrote, you need to make to holes in the board: one for sucking out the water and the other one for letting the air in.
Thx for this post. What vacuum pressure do you recommend?

Return to “Kitesurfing”