Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Forum for kitesurfers
marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Re: Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 am

Space is cooling

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09 ... r-minimum/

Jet Stream is wobbling making weather crazy, the Global Temps are falling for 2.5 yrs. now, and the Ice is coming back just as some scientists predicted. Where is the media?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/28/ ... m-changes/

fokiten
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fokiten » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:49 am

They're busy over here with the national soap opera...
Cheers!

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 am

marlboroughman wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 am
Space is cooling

Jet Stream is wobbling making weather crazy, the Global Temps are falling for 2.5 yrs. now, and the Ice is coming back just as some scientists predicted. Where is the media?
Here they are:
https://nypost.com/2018/10/01/trump-adm ... l-by-2100/

Fake news, why not.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 am

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pemba » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am

That graph appears to support the hypothesis that average temperature in the global lower atmosphere is going up between '79 and '18 no ? Even if compared to the average between '81 and '10 (to which period the hypothesis applies...)

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm

What the hypothesis say about glaciations which occurred during the Ordovician period 450 million years ago when the carbon dioxide level in Earth’s atmosphere was approximately 800 percent higher than it is today?

Are you going to go nuts every time time temperature varies within it's natural documented range in correspondence with sun activity?

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pemba » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 am

No I won't go nuts every time temperature varies within it's natural documented range in correspondence with sun activity. You posted a graph, I commented on it. I don't know what the hypothesis says about glaciations during the Ordovician period. I have asked before, what is the point you're trying to make ? If your point is that there's a lot of nonsense published, sure I agree. If you're trying to prove that there's no such thing as global warming caused by humans, I think you haven't succeeded in doing that. For me, even if there would be a small chance that the hypothesis of global warming is correct, it's worth doing something. Its comparable to russian roulette, if somebody tell's you there's no bullet or possible just a single one, are you going to pull the trigger just because your finger itches ?

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:46 pm

I tried to read a bit of this thread, but the USA element of climate change deniers, God Botherers and other weak minded morons left me with the feeling we're fucked whichever way you look at it.
I've been around a while, managed to survive, despite the nuclear tests in the fifties and sixties but can't help but note the so much higher incidence of deaths from cancer than there were when I was younger and can't help but correlate the coincidence.
I've spent forty plus years chasing wind, which fundamentally is what we're all interested in and I can categorically tell you that no period in my life has been worse than that which we currently endure, prevailing directions have shifted, strengths have become more polarised, longer periods with less, higher strengths when here.
I counted twenty odd com trails tonight at sunset and I wondered how many people and aircraft are in the air at any given moment, I weep at the volume of plastic in our Oceans, and if I ever met anyone who in all seriousness tried to suggest we're not fucking up this planet, I would be hard put not to punch him or her as hard as I could in the face.
It should be the duty of each and every one of us, as people who are close to the reality of all this, to, at every opportunity, do whatever we can, in every small way we can, to halt what's going on.
And the trolls and climate change deniers, creationists and Trump worshippers?

Ban the fuckers from the forum.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Well, ok. But tell us how you really feel?

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:47 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:46 pm
I tried to read a bit of this thread, but the USA element of climate change deniers, God Botherers and other weak minded morons left me with the feeling we're fucked whichever way you look at it.
I've been around a while, managed to survive, despite the nuclear tests in the fifties and sixties but can't help but note the so much higher incidence of deaths from cancer than there were when I was younger and can't help but correlate the coincidence.
I've spent forty plus years chasing wind, which fundamentally is what we're all interested in and I can categorically tell you that no period in my life has been worse than that which we currently endure, prevailing directions have shifted, strengths have become more polarised, longer periods with less, higher strengths when here.
I counted twenty odd com trails tonight at sunset and I wondered how many people and aircraft are in the air at any given moment, I weep at the volume of plastic in our Oceans, and if I ever met anyone who in all seriousness tried to suggest we're not fucking up this planet, I would be hard put not to punch him or her as hard as I could in the face.
It should be the duty of each and every one of us, as people who are close to the reality of all this, to, at every opportunity, do whatever we can, in every small way we can, to halt what's going on.
And the trolls and climate change deniers, creationists and Trump worshippers?

Ban the fuckers from the forum.
After all the Core bashing & your responses on that thread & now this. You are obviously a sanctimonious puke. You act like your thoughts and opinions are the only thing that matters - even when it comes to the products you promote. What a horrible ambassador to Core. I've never owned one & am positive I never will now. Nothing you posted refutes anything with evidence to the contrary but you spew vitriol & venom that someones dares to not agree with you. & you want those people banned?

Return to “Kitesurfing”