Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Speed 3 line replacement

Forum for kitesurfers
Tzwengali
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Miramar, Panjim, Goa, India
Style: hydrofoiling and wave
Gear: FS Speed2 15m Ozone Edge 13m, Slingshot Wave 12m, FS Psycho IV 10m, Ozone Instinct 9m
Takoon, Airush Sector, Liquid Force Happy Foil
Brand Affiliation: www.chickenloop.com
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer Speed 3 line replacement

Postby Tzwengali » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Kite is constantly overpowered after replacement of steering lines (green and red line). Any tips??
Here is the full story:

One of the steering lines of my FS Speed 3 15m tore apart the other day during a powered up loop. I am in Goa, India, without easy access to replacement lines. So I sacrificed the steering lines from an old Airush kite I still had lying around. I only replaced the steering lines (green and red line, which are now red and blue). I adjusted the length such, that the steering lines are 20 cm longer than the center lines (measured on the original (old) lines).
The first time I took the kite out in light wind (~12 mph) I was instantly overpowered. Despite pulling in the depower completely, the kite kept pulling and I could only hold it at the very edge of the window. I use it for hydrofoiling but the way it handles now always powered up like mad, I can not fly it. I tried it again today and had the same experience. Somehow the kite does not depower at all.

Do you have any tips, as to what might be wrong? I was wondering about line elasticity. But if the Airush lines stretch more under load, this should open the trailing edge and reduce power - right? I am at a loss.
Any help would be very welcome.

Boogaloo,
Sven

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Speed 3 line replacement

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Did you do a line length test? Use a screwdriver to secure all the line ends together. Trim the depower all the way out(full power) and with the bar completely sheeted in, all lines should be equal. Adjust the steering lines at the bar.

=Jason-

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Speed 3 line replacement

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”