Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Prodigy??

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Prodigy??

Postby matth » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:06 am

The Captain wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 am
Not that it really matters, but I am also in the process of renewing my quiver and plan 17m/12m Flites and 9.5m and 7m Prodigys.
I have the 12m coming and would have the rest but both my kids just had wisdom teeth removed, so I gave all my money to an oral surgeon who is probably kiting on new kites now...
I too was a little hesitant, but the more I hear the less concerned I am the the Prodigy will be boring. That does not sound like the case at all.
Looking forward to them!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:41 pm

The Captain wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 am
Not that it really matters, but I am also in the process of renewing my quiver and plan 17m/12m Flites and 9.5m and 7m Prodigys.
I have the 12m coming and would have the rest but both my kids just had wisdom teeth removed, so I gave all my money to an oral surgeon who is probably kiting on new kites now...
I too was a little hesitant, but the more I hear the less concerned I am the the Prodigy will be boring. That does not sound like the case at all.
Looking forward to them!
Glad to see that you're copying my quiver! ;)

I just hope that I get to ride that 7m sometime soon without having to put my hurricane shutters up on my house! :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am

I received my 9.5 and 7m Prodigy yesterday and got a decent sesh today on the 9.5 for about a half hour before the wind came down and I needed to switch to the 12m Flite. Initial impression was all positive, faster than expected, lots of grunt on take off, super stable in the gust, med bar pressure. I didn't get a good feel for boosting because I was mostly underpowered but it felt like it was going to be a no brainer.

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:22 am

Anyone fly the 12M Prodigy? I am loving my 9.5, great kite. I am now looking for any info on the 12m.....

Thanks

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Postby juandesooka » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:31 am

I am on roam and before that bws. Prodigy 12m is grunty. Turns faster but has more bar pressure. Works fine.....but I prefer roam.better drift too.

BillyKP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Georgian Bay
Favorite Beaches: Wasaga, Lake Simcoe, Cuba
Style: freestyle
Gear: OceanRodeo
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby BillyKP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 am

Prodigy: make a mistake and its forgiving.... Flite: make a mistake and it will spank you hard

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:26 am

BillyKP wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 am
Prodigy: make a mistake and its forgiving.... Flite: make a mistake and it will spank you hard

I have a 12m flite and really like except in gusty overpowered conditions. I was thinking of getting the Prodigy 12M for the gusty days and using the flite for more steady days with lower wind average..

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:35 am

It's a good plan, matth. That 9.5 is probably one of my favorite kites I've ever flown. So fun to throw it around and it's forgiving if you goof. I had an 8 Flite and loved it, but just like BillyKP was saying, you better mind your manners. The 12 Prodigy will eat the gusts much better.

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:15 am

SENDIT! wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:35 am
It's a good plan, matth. That 9.5 is probably one of my favorite kites I've ever flown. So fun to throw it around and it's forgiving if you goof. I had an 8 Flite and loved it, but just like BillyKP was saying, you better mind your manners. The 12 Prodigy will eat the gusts much better.

The 9.5 is great. I like it even more than I thought I would. Feels a lot like my 2016 EVOs but with a litlle more grunt.

zig zag
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cook St Victoria BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake, Cook St
Style: Free
Gear: 5/7/9.5/12 Prodigy, 8 Razor
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo
Has thanked: 0

Postby zig zag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm not a fan of the 12m flite... I'd prefer the prodigy... the flite doesn't handle the gusty conditions as well as the prodigy.. I've come off the water to switch down to my 7m after hanging onto the 12m.. so lots of wind range!

having the other 7/9.5 and now the 12m prodigy is a great option...
Last edited by zig zag on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”