Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid Force P1 - taking on the Edge and XR5?

Forum for kitesurfers
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Liquid Force P1 - taking on the Edge and XR5?

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Greenturtle wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:12 pm
Wow v1-2 has uncanny resemblance to Trigger, although they are not identical.- Wows le is much skinnier, struts are set farther apart, te cut different. Now the v3 wow almost looks like 2014 trigger..oh boy...Probably every kite made today resembles one from yesteryear now.
Yeah I can kind of see that. I thought the outline was pretty similar to the Core Nexus too though the bridle is totally different.

I came across this article a couple of years ago talking about how you can change loads of different settings to change how the kite flies:

https://www.thekiteboarder.com/2010/09/ ... te-design/

Suggests that even small changes can have a big effect.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:06 pm

And the award for the least most interested interviewer goes to........

surfinsmiley
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 82kg
Local Beach: Taranaki
Style: Surf & Big Kite boosting!
Gear: Turbine. WOW. Rally.
Has thanked: 0

Postby surfinsmiley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:35 am

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:48 am
surfinsmiley wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 am
tegirinenashi wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:29 am
RRD Addiction -- same designer, different company. While at it (that is making new kite design) I wish LF nuked their max-flow nonsense.

BTW, live2kite was recently firesaleing Addictions MK2 and MK3 for about 300 bucks (new).
Interesting, they did a very similar trick with the WOW. Has Julien left the company or just run out of ideas?

I really like the Max flow, works better than anything else I own.

live2kite doesn't appear to sell RRD anymore...that might explain why they were selling them off so cheap?

which kite do you think the WOW ressembles?

I have seen a few promo photos of other kites with similar profiles but nothing that makes it look like the same designer
Rumour has it that Liquid Force and Blade did a bit of a collaboration in 2014. That same rumour says Blade licensed the Max Flow and Liquid Force licensed the Trigger.

I have an 8M & a 10M V1 Wow kites and I've laid out my 10M with a 9M Trigger. To me, they look like the same kite. Might be completely wrong because WTF do I know about kite design? ...and we all know about how much truth there is to crap you read on forums huh!!!

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 am

I had a Blade trigger (v9 2017) and it is the same Max Flow valve. I was under the impression though that the Wow was a particularly skinny leading edge. I didn't think the trigger had a particularly small diameter Leading edge (though I haven't had an opportunity to sit one next to the other).

It doesn't surprise me to see similar looking kites out there. Kite design is a compromise. Square off the wing tips to change the turning, adjust the aspect to make it fly closer to the edge of the window etc. Its why there is room in the market for the so many versions of the same design. Small tweaks to the design can make it more or less suitable for a bunch of people. For me this explains why you end up with the same kite being in the range for years (e.g. Rebel). Each year they can take the things people complain about and then make micro changes to try and fix them whilst trying not to upset the people who like the previous version.

Werito
Medium Poster
Gear: kites, boards

Postby Werito » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 am

2015 LF got Blade's chicken loop when they had to recall their Response bar after some safety issues. Maybe they had to give Max flow because of that.

I don't think that Wow and Trigger are exactly the same kite, though there's some similarities in those two.

SandyEggoKid
Rare Poster
Local Beach: SAN DIEGO
Style: Big air, twin tip, old Skool, waves
Gear: LF Kites, Ocean Rodeo Mako
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SandyEggoKid » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Ordered my new LF L1 12m, should have it in a few days. Looking forward to putting it to the test. I'll return with my review soon ;)

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 pm

The Trigger (2013 and up) is more of a fast flying, forward in the window, big boosting kite. The wow is more of a deeper in the window wave kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”