Forum for kitesurfers
Legless
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North & Duotone - Your Questions Answered by CEO Till Eberle

Postby Legless » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:02 pm

You asked and Boards and More Answered... The full story of North - Duotone from Till Eberle CEO of Boards and More himself...

https://www.iksurfmag.com/features/the- ... erle-2018/

Enjoy!

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Re: North & Duotone - Your Questions Answered by CEO Till Eberle

Postby Kitemanmuc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:39 pm

I just cant get passed the name. I couldnt back when they made snowboards, can't now. Especially hearing it said in a german accent.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 am

"We are no longer part of sailing"

Well there you go. That sums it up doesnt it.

World Sailings attempt to steal kiteboarding is crumbling.

Slowly kiteboarding will take back control from the world sailing kiting kooks and their sellout subcontractors the IKA / GKA

By kiters for kiters, from the top down.

The time is coming.. who will be the sellouts$ and who will believe in the grassroots of kiteboarding.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am

Okay great. Why the hell make your loyal customers wait two months to confirm the story? It makes me pissed and I don't have any skin in the game. I think they were hiding and scared shitless by the overwhelming negative response to the Duotone name selection. I find it clunky and actually hard to say. Is it pronounced "Do- tone" or " Do-a-tone? The Ion excuse is crazy too, everyone knows that it is North's line, sorry most Cabrinha riders wouldn't buy Ion, they have NP,
If they just would have gotten out in front of this mess they'd be so much better off for it. To wait until the shit storm settled a bit was a weak move IMHO.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:24 am

I suppose they could have called the company Eberle....

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 am

alford wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am
Okay great. Why the hell make your loyal customers wait two months to confirm the story? It makes me pissed and I don't have any skin in the game. I think they were hiding and scared shitless by the overwhelming negative response to the Duotone name selection. I find it clunky and actually hard to say. Is it pronounced "Do- tone" or " Do-a-tone? The Ion excuse is crazy too, everyone knows that it is North's line, sorry most Cabrinha riders wouldn't buy Ion, they have NP,
If they just would have gotten out in front of this mess they'd be so much better off for it. To wait until the shit storm settled a bit was a weak move IMHO.
I think they were contractionally obligated to keep there mouth shut and sell as many north branded gear as possible until a certain date.

dice
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Hadlow ID

Postby dice » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 am

alford wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am
everyone knows that it is North's line
That everyone nearby you knows this doesn't mean that all the Ion buyers know this.
I'm pretty sure the biggest share of kiters don't know this.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:33 am

Why do you guys assume Cabrinha clients won't buy ion if they find out the brand has some relation with another brand North/Duodenum?

Brand loyalty is not a religion? Is it?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:54 pm

kites are good gor brand loyalty as they can feel so different... fear of the unknown.. better the devil you know..

not for me, but general punters think like that often regurgitating the marketing words.. just like surfboards... so many opions... how many have you ridden.. 3 lol!

WMFG
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: WMFG, Mystic, Naish, Amundson, Firewire
Brand Affiliation: WMFG Founder
Has thanked: 0

Postby WMFG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Peert wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:33 am
Why do you guys assume Cabrinha clients won't buy ion if they find out the brand has some relation with another brand North/Duodenum?

Brand loyalty is not a religion? Is it?
If you are referencing the part about re-branding to Ion kites I think this is quite clear.
For sure there are "some" kiters out there that will feel peculiar to say use North harnesses when they fly Cabrinha kites, or a Liquid Force harness with a Core kite, etc, etc. Is this rational? Of course not. But I can tell you having worked in this industry forever it happens.

Other reason to keep Ion separate, Ion is currently selling to dealers that do not have North kites. This becomes more difficult if they were to put the kites under Ion.

Return to “Kitesurfing”