SPI
Union Island
Style: Intermediate surf/beginner foil
Gear: Switch Helium 8/12/16
Hyperlink V1 12
Brand Affiliation: None

Instructor Certification

Postby Rojbrown » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am

I'm interested in becoming an instructor. Intermediate skills: TT, directional and beginning foiler. Want to share the passion. Have a FT job but would eventually transition to instructing as a "retirement". Seems IKO is the avenue. No rush. Thoughts?

Barryg101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Obidos & Brouwersdam
Favorite Beaches: Dahkla
Style: Freestyle , Big Air & Megaloops
Gear: Eleveight FS & Cabrinha FX

Re: Instructor Certification

Postby Barryg101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:11 am

Just became an instructor a few months ago and honestly found that there is endless supply of work and even during my course was offered a job !

The course itself is very intense and lots of theory content ect but is very thorough. I done plenty research between IKO and VDWS but in the end chose IKO.

Website and support is much clearer and 90% of employers wanted IKO , crake sure you set aside the whole 10 Dayan for the course as it is hard work.

In regards to working in an instructor now in portugal and the past 3 weeks have been terrible for the wind . So it means that my wages are also terrible!

Make sure you chose a spot where the wind blows as much as possible so your not spending your days sitting around waiting for the wind to pick up as it can be very frustrating.

Hope this helps though and best of luck!

Return to “Kitesurfing”