Local Beach: Kailua.Mokes
Style: waves
Gear: Switch h3
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nitro 7 Proto Photos

Postby stacyswitch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm

As my post got deleted I will post it again to shine some light.
I have a hunch things are way better than before from my real life observation at the beach where some of the testing is done. Maybe Switch can post a company response to dilute all the BS.

After reading some of these posts .
Time has come that I had to create an account and set the record straight.
Living on Oahu and having the chance to test the odd proto from time to time. Give some feed back and see all the different proto kites that never made it to market makes me think people should not get carried away with old proto photos. 
There must be a few reasons the kites never made production 
Like Marc said it just did not work for him. :allbegood: :allbegood:

I watched Felix one day cycle through 8 different proto kites of the same design and hand them off to different riders including my self and not one of them any one liked. 
This is during Bill Hansen time at Switch.
I have watched Switch test over last 6 years at my local beach and not one time Bill Hansen would test his own designs.   This I see as a huge down fall in their design model .A kite designer that can’t ride his creations at all. Probably the only kite designer that can’t kite.  A huge missing link in design.
Makes things very difficult. Best of Luck Slingshot if thats the way they go :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
Many different designers over the years have tested at my local. All of them testing on the water.
I wonder if this had something to do with the change and new direction. .
Just recently I watched Felix test kites with one of their new designers . Watched them swap kites on the water exchanging feedback.
A much different scene then the old days. Looked very efficient  and productive.
I was fortunate enough to try one of these kites. I do have to say the kite they bench marked off felt nothing like the other even though they looked similar.
I did have a friendly chat to the designer and was very intrigued with his knowledge and feed back on the kites they were testing . 
He explained things to me as a rider that I could totally understand.
Going forward things to me look very bright for Switch with the new way they work with different designers. 
The new models they have released are next level compared to what they had.
Switch had a vision for online sales early in the game. They are onto something great not being locked down by one designer.
BTW -The new H3 rocks. 
Stacy.

Donniehall14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Point/Princeton Point, Robinson's Island
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8M Takoon Chrono
10M Ocean Rodeo Razor
12 Switch Nitro

Postby Donniehall14 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:34 pm

@icedub I know what you mean, but I think I'm over it. Bill is still doing what he loves and seems to have cold beer on tap. Switch to me is all about offering affordable kites to you quickly and easily with good customer support. They can have a kite to your door in a week (sometimes no taxes) for a fraction of the price. If you look at Ikon, which the E6 is supposedly designed by, they say the kite will be ready in like 4 weeks. If Switch can take great designs and get them to you fast and cheap then everyone wins.

I can't wait for the Krypto. My girlfriend is going to be pissed I'm buying another kite.

icedub
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Vermont
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element v4: 5m, 7m
Switch Element v6: 9m, 12m
Boards: Axis Division TT and Homemade Shinnster "The Spinster"

Postby icedub » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Donniehall14 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:34 pm
If Switch can take great designs and get them to you fast and cheap then everyone wins.
You're right, and I think I'm gonna get over it too. As long as the quality and customer service stay there, I suppose it doesn't really matter!

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 am

stacyswitch wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
As my post got deleted I will post it again to shine some light.
I have a hunch things are way better than before from my real life observation at the beach where some of the testing is done. Maybe Switch can post a company response to dilute all the BS.

After reading some of these posts .
Time has come that I had to create an account and set the record straight.
Living on Oahu and having the chance to test the odd proto from time to time. Give some feed back and see all the different proto kites that never made it to market makes me think people should not get carried away with old proto photos. 
There must be a few reasons the kites never made production 
Like Marc said it just did not work for him. :allbegood: :allbegood:

I watched Felix one day cycle through 8 different proto kites of the same design and hand them off to different riders including my self and not one of them any one liked. 
This is during Bill Hansen time at Switch.
I have watched Switch test over last 6 years at my local beach and not one time Bill Hansen would test his own designs.   This I see as a huge down fall in their design model .A kite designer that can’t ride his creations at all. Probably the only kite designer that can’t kite.  A huge missing link in design.
Makes things very difficult. Best of Luck Slingshot if thats the way they go :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
Many different designers over the years have tested at my local. All of them testing on the water.
I wonder if this had something to do with the change and new direction. .
Just recently I watched Felix test kites with one of their new designers . Watched them swap kites on the water exchanging feedback.
A much different scene then the old days. Looked very efficient  and productive.
I was fortunate enough to try one of these kites. I do have to say the kite they bench marked off felt nothing like the other even though they looked similar.
I did have a friendly chat to the designer and was very intrigued with his knowledge and feed back on the kites they were testing . 
He explained things to me as a rider that I could totally understand.
Going forward things to me look very bright for Switch with the new way they work with different designers. 
The new models they have released are next level compared to what they had.
Switch had a vision for online sales early in the game. They are onto something great not being locked down by one designer.
BTW -The new H3 rocks. 
Stacy.
I have to say this reads like you have some type of grudge against Bill. What did he do that wronged you?

You are critical about his methods - fair enough in isolation - but the fact that you were so worried people wouldn't read your earlier comment (because it was deleted) that you decided you wanted to reprint it to make sure people could see that criticism - whats that all about?

galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15.5m Switch H2, 12m SS RPX, 7/10m RPM ('19), 8m SS UFO V2.0, 5/6[V5]/8m[V6] SS SST, SS Phantasm 633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'4 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 4.4 & 5.4 Vayu wings
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Postby galewarning » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Too bad a new thread wasn't started. Didn't this start out as a thread on the Nitro7 that Switch isn't going to make?
The new thread could have a catchy Subject title like:

Switch Pimps Shed The Light!

:respect1: :lame1: :protest2:

For some classier reading on what's going on in the industry, you might find interest here...

https://www.iksurfmag.com/issue70/?page=23

stacyswitch
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kailua.Mokes
Style: waves
Gear: Switch h3

Postby stacyswitch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Just real life observations . Over time. Putting my two cents in.
Just like everyone else on here.
But I have been fortunate enough to observe it over the years.
Most just speculating. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am

What an article. Should I be happy or sad they directly ripped things from my posts. It's the internet who posts articles in that format anyway. So convoluted to read.

To save the readers, the thing reads as one big ad for Cabrinha and Duotone.

As to stacyswitch, who signs up and with their first post does it like a regular and also backs up said post to repost? I will tell you who a sock puppet, the obvious origination is someone still at switch. Lets hop on the switch forum to match some writing style :-)

galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15.5m Switch H2, 12m SS RPX, 7/10m RPM ('19), 8m SS UFO V2.0, 5/6[V5]/8m[V6] SS SST, SS Phantasm 633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'4 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 4.4 & 5.4 Vayu wings
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Postby galewarning » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: One big ad
If you think it all one big ad, then that's even more reason to read it all. There's a lot being said in that article and perhaps even more not being said! It does illustrate a completely different way to get the word out when a company changes direction. Or a company can opt to take the lowest possible path. Besides, all kiteboarders need to read ikitesurf.com from cover to cover!
Re: hopping on the Switch Forum
That might be fun. See how long we can 'shed some light' over there before being shut down. For more impact, one could start a new thread on this forum.
foilholio wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am
...snip...
To save the readers, the thing reads as one big ad for Cabrinha and Duotone.
...snip...
Lets hop on the switch forum

Return to “Kitesurfing”