Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby iriejohn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am
Beardytello wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:22 pm
I've read this. Still would buy a Core.

Thanks.
Me too.

Learned on used Core gear and for the last 3 years have ordered through their online shop (I live in Denmark). Never any issues and always quick to respond with whatever questions (or even suggestions) I send.
Of course it's not a problem for you in Denmark because the Core website says it is headquartered in Fehmarn in the north of Germany not far from the Danish border!
CORE Kiteboarding / Hiss-Tec GmbH / Am Steinkamp 28 / 23769 Burg / Fehmarn, Germany

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Core is not a "young brand", it's not 4 years old. It's a 17 year old brand and not charging like a young brand either. I wish you know these facts before becoming a EU distributor.
Americans, and literacy ffs, read the post, it's 4 years in My experience and my country/territory. I believe Core actually started in 2007 that makes just 11 years old all during a financial recession and not with corporate finance industry backing like the rest of the truly international players some of whom were already major players with mature distribution thanks to history in windsurfing. Core is a strong German National brand experiencing the growing pains of expanding it's global distribution in difficult financial times in a mature market, it's a genuine kitesurfer brand employing 100% enthusiast kiters from the top down, so, they get it wrong now and again. Quoting a thread that was already solved if not the action of a rival astroturfer it's definitely the act of a sad tool, threads like these effect everyone good or bad and don't actually help get the result you'd really like.

Deaimel
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in Ontario
Gear: Core Xr5 9m & 12m

Postby Deaimel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm
Core is a strong German National brand experiencing the growing pains of expanding it's global distribution in difficult financial times in a mature market, it's a genuine kitesurfer brand employing 100% enthusiast kiters from the top down, so, they get it wrong now and again. Quoting a thread that was already solved if not the action of a rival astroturfer it's definitely the act of a sad tool, threads like these effect everyone good or bad and don't actually help get the result you'd really like.
Having North American customers paying almost $50 for a bridle is plain nonsense and I don't see how it can be justified. We have many Core users here in NY and It seems legitimate that this shipping issue is brought to their attention.

I don't see anything wrong with this thread, transparency is a good thing. Hopefully this can be addressed by Core to benefit both the brand and users.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

CapitanCore, I think you are missing the point..
This thread is about US distributors not doing their job.
Occasionally, they get pressured by the main headquarters and throw you a bone if they see a lot of bitching, but nothing gets changed.. So OP has a good point.
I am happy for all of you guys, living in (or next to) Germany and getting cheap (well, relatively) parts fast.
It's not the case in USA..
When I punch in my zip in the CORE store locator, I get 4 CORE stores within 20-30miles from my home!!
I can order online from them and get free shipping on all their kites, boards and bars (although, judging by the amount of time it takes them, they don't have much of inventory anyway)...
This gives illusion of good support..but..if I try to get a pair of weightless lines from same dealers they slap you with $30-40 shipping fee! WTF!???
Just to give you a comparison:
it will cost me $35 to get a full set of bridles from Switch and $138 to get the full set from CORE (for 12m kite, shipping included)!!!
How come switch can ship it for free from God knows where and CORE needs 35EUR???
This is insane!

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:52 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am
SaltWaterDog wrote:
Beardytello wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:22 pm
I've read this. Still would buy a Core.

Thanks.
Me too.

Learned on used Core gear and for the last 3 years have ordered through their online shop (I live in Denmark). Never any issues and always quick to respond with whatever questions (or even suggestions) I send.
Of course it's not a problem for you in Denmark because the Core website says it is headquartered in Fehmarn in the north of Germany not far from the Danish border!
CORE Kiteboarding / Hiss-Tec GmbH / Am Steinkamp 28 / 23769 Burg / Fehmarn, Germany
Wonder why I put my location in parentheses..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:38 pm

I can imagine Core is aware of this problem.
They are not ignorants.

I am sure postings like this help to make things better, since no brand wants their name badmouth like this, and rightfully so.

But it also needs some time to organize or change things...so let's see if things will improve in the near future.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Americans, and literacy ffs,.....
Ya still working as a "rep" for core? Graeme, come on! "Rep" should have at least the connotation of "representative" or "ambassador". We know you hate the Yanks, but do you gotta put it out for everyone to see while pimping Core kites?

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Deaimel wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm

I don't see anything wrong with this thread, transparency is a good thing. Hopefully this can be addressed by Core to benefit both the brand and users.
Then I suggest the OP changes the title to read Don't buy a Core kite in the USA before you read this, because it patently isn't an issue here in the UK or other parts of Europe and you are damning the efforts globally because of the internal shipping difficulties of the US market simply because this is an English speaking website that some of you can read, if not completely understand.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm
We know you hate the Yanks,
Really? How do you know that? Have we even met?

I have had over the years some very strong business relationships with 'yanks' as you call them, some of them can even read and write 'nearly' the Queens English. I also count several as very good friends, some can even 'get' the sense of humour when they're having the piss taken from them.

Then there are others, usually agenda driven, usually high school drop outs' I think is the correct educational terminology, that speed read, have pre formed opinions and do not bother to actually read and digest what is being said.

Even these are special people and deserving of help, so I try.

But it's not always possible.

Look at this "but do you gotta put it out for everyone to see" what kind of grammatical structure is this?

Something to do with Fires in California maybe? ;-)

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:12 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:52 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am
SaltWaterDog wrote:

Me too.

Wonder why I put my location in parentheses..
I wonder why too since your sig says:
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.

Return to “Kitesurfing”