Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 am

NorCalNomad wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:01 am
Their bar and safety being shit and dangerous is all I need to always steer clear of Core.
Other bars with a conventional QR do work with Core kites though. Its not an insurmountable problem if they fly in the way you want a kite to fly.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Yeah Matteo V "do you gotta chill it out for everyone to see", you're being played.. ;-)

coupdevill
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Hood River, Hatteras, SPI
Style: Chaotic
Gear: Slingshot & Ride Engine
Has thanked: 0

Postby coupdevill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Based on the 8 pages of this post, I agree with the Subject line.

So what did we learn here?

1) Core USA not at all responsive to US Customers?
2) Core UK has very unprofessional staff who handle consumer complaints over the inter webs in public (you could've sent a PM to the OP)
3) When you buy any consumer product, you are buying a relationship with the retailer, distributer and manufacturer
4) I learned nothing about spelling, grammar or punctuation.
5) I still love the Brits

coup

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:07 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 am
ulukaya wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 pm
12 had problem
I bought it brand new from a dealer at the end of 2017.
That dealer treated you very very good....saved you lots of cash...yet you complain about waiting a bit and what you had to spend to get it fixed....wow !!!!
I didn’t buy it for $1200, I just didn’t remember when I wrote the post to clear it up. I got like 10% from a dealer. Not from distributor.

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

coupdevill wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 pm
Based on the 8 pages of this post, I agree with the Subject line.

So what did we learn here?

1) Core USA not at all responsive to US Customers?
2) Core UK has very unprofessional staff who handle consumer complaints over the inter webs in public (you could've sent a PM to the OP)
3) When you buy any consumer product, you are buying a relationship with the retailer, distributer and manufacturer
4) I learned nothing about spelling, grammar or punctuation.
5) I still love the Brits

coup
That’s all I wanted to point out. Core USA has been a pain to work with. And you should always take into account the service and distributer support when you buy a new kite just like any other purchase.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:24 pm

This whole discussion is more about bad service from a particular retailer. Here in Canada the Core rep is fantastic if you're a good customer he will often give you the parts for free. Several of my friends ride Core kites and have been for years without problems. I have one myself. I am always amazed at the much higher resale value that they have compared to other brands. I guess good service makes a difference.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm

james wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

First off

Chill the f*** out.
Please don't apply an angry tone to my post. It started as a "lighthearted" poke at the actual, and deplorable, thing(s) that Graeme F was posting. But Graeme F doubled down and did not retract/apologize for his statements. And for years, his track record is to not apologize, though he may eventually wind up changing his screen name on this forum.

james wrote:
Secondly, you want me to answer questions about him? Why? I am in no position to do so.

Thirdly, who I work for has nothing to do with you or anyone on this forum! It’s completely unconnected to the kite industry so no concern of yours, who the f*** are you demanding to know what I go for a living?

What gives you the right to demand that I tell you?

I don’t care what you do or who you work for or even who you are.
Not once did it cross my mind that you would actually "dox" yourself with regards to your affiliation. Nor did I "demand" that. I asked the question in a rhetorical fashion with no real hope of that being answered. My point of asking the question was that you were defending Graeme F erroneously, while at the same time, accusing me of being the one to begin the "grammar" reference. Thus your statement is false, and I will correct a false statement made on this forum when I catch it.

james wrote:
My post was light hearted an focussed on what had been written in bold in that quoted section, nothing more nothing less.
Referring to,
james wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 am
Matteo

The words In bold were written by someone else, not by captain core.

He was pointing out the stupidity of being called out for poor grammar by the person that wrote the section in bold.
Again, I did not point out his bad grammar. He pointed out mine. But he did so with a poorly punctuated sentence, which should have been two separate sentences. My reason for highlighting this was only because he had tried to take the high ground, and rolled down the hill to the bottom on the attempt. Thus my response was to point out the irony in that, not to get on him about grammar in a kiteboarding forum. So I can easily demonstrate that my poking fun at Graeme F's mistake was actually lighthearted. Though in the following post, I did highlight the darker side of what he had said. But over all, this is a forum, not a published book. I do not focus on the grammar of a poster unless that poster wishes to engage in an examination of that - by them questioning others.

So please do not read this response with and "angry" tone. I am simply setting the record straight. You (james) falsely attributed the initiation of the grammar reference to me, and I am simply correcting you. And please do not take me as "demanding" you answer, but, do you fly Core kites? Is that why you falsely attributed something Gaeme F did, to me? What other motivation could you posses if you do not have any affiliation with Core? If it was a mistake, you are forgiven. If you still believe that you did not make a mistake in your original post, let me know by explaining that in a calm and collected manner.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm

That is a perfect example of The Pot Calling The Kettle Black! Look below, you have scattered extraneous and incorrectly placed commas through your post like confetti floating in the air after a mass wedding. :lol:
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm
james wrote:

First off

Chill the f*** out.
Please don't apply an angry tone to my post. It started as a "lighthearted" poke at the actual, and deplorable, thing(s) that Graeme F was posting. But Graeme F doubled down and did not retract/apologize for his statements. And for years, his track record is to not apologize, though he may eventually wind up changing his screen name on this forum.

james wrote:
Secondly, you want me to answer questions about him? Why? I am in no position to do so.

Thirdly, who I work for has nothing to do with you or anyone on this forum! It’s completely unconnected to the kite industry so no concern of yours, who the f*** are you demanding to know what I go for a living?

What gives you the right to demand that I tell you?

I don’t care what you do or who you work for or even who you are.
Not once did it cross my mind that you would actually "dox" yourself with regards to your affiliation. Nor did I "demand" that. I asked the question in a rhetorical fashion with no real hope of that being answered. My point of asking the question was that you were defending Graeme F erroneously, while at the same time, accusing me of being the one to begin the "grammar" reference. Thus your statement is false, and I will correct a false statement made on this forum when I catch it.

james wrote:
My post was light hearted an focussed on what had been written in bold in that quoted section, nothing more nothing less.
Referring to,
james wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 am
Matteo

The words In bold were written by someone else, not by captain core.

He was pointing out the stupidity of being called out for poor grammar by the person that wrote the section in bold.
Again, I did not point out his bad grammar. He pointed out mine. But he did so with a poorly punctuated sentence, which should have been two separate sentences. My reason for highlighting this was only because he had tried to take the high ground, and rolled down the hill to the bottom on the attempt. Thus my response was to point out the irony in that, not to get on him about grammar in a kiteboarding forum. So I can easily demonstrate that my poking fun at Graeme F's mistake was actually lighthearted. Though in the following post, I did highlight the darker side of what he had said. But over all, this is a forum, not a published book. I do not focus on the grammar of a poster unless that poster wishes to engage in an examination of that - by them questioning others.

So please do not read this response with and "angry" tone. I am simply setting the record straight. You (james) falsely attributed the initiation of the grammar reference to me, and I am simply correcting you. And please do not take me as "demanding" you answer, but, do you fly Core kites? Is that why you falsely attributed something Gaeme F did, to me? What other motivation could you posses if you do not have any affiliation with Core? If it was a mistake, you are forgiven. If you still believe that you did not make a mistake in your original post, let me know by explaining that in a calm and collected manner.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm
That is a perfect example of The Pot Calling The Kettle Black! Look below, you have scattered extraneous and incorrectly placed commas through your post like confetti floating in the air after a mass wedding. :lol:
Thanks for letting me know. I will try to do better for you next time.

But thanks most of all, for reading my post and only finding punctuation errors. I do appreciate the regular "proof reads" from you. You are a valued forum member with lots to contribute. :dance2:

I also am sure you have much more, of substance, to add to this argument. Should you find error in logic, please feel free to point that out.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm
And wait! Your reference to "scattered extraneous and incorrectly placed commas through your post like confetti floating in the air after a mass wedding", would indicate more than one.

Can you highlight the specific commas that would need to be deleted? I can only see one after the word "deplorable" in the second sentence which I wrote. Maybe split the 4th sentence up into two sentences? Your help is appreciated, iriejohn!

Return to “Kitesurfing”