Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 am

PullStrings wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 pm

MAN....GO ON SOME...
Come on pull, this isn't you now?

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:35 am

deniska wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 am
SaltWaterDog wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm
This is why people should always take unsubstantiated claims and accusations with a few hundred kilos of salt. At least.
are you referring to the original post?
I don't really see anything unsubstantiated in it.
I sort of went through the same hurdle, replacing my bridles a year before this post (and OP referenced my thread in the root post)
The whole thread is an entertaining read on so many levels, but the main take away is basically:
if you buy CORE, do not assume that a brand new kite will last a year w/o maintenance and factor in the maintenance cost when you make purchasing decision.
In case of US customers that will probably be $200-300 extra (for lines/pulleys, ceramic bearings and other stuff that can't last through the first year with any decent use)..
thanks to current crazy mark-up on parts and international shipping.. and yes there are cheaper alternatives.
Yes I am.

All the moaning about poor customer service is certainly unsubstantiated. And apparently there’s a whole backstory that OP now feels the need to clarify. Seems the distributor/sales rep was already fed up with OP for whatever reason.

Look, I don’t question OP’s equipment failure (or yours even though you yourself say you ride over-powered all the time) but like I said in my earlier post, if you’re going to try this kind of offensive you should at the very least have screenshots/pics of correspondence and whatever evidence you can present. All we have is a thread started by someone who was already bitter and felt the need to make it public. Hard to sympathise with someone (beyond the failed bridle) who’s got an agenda.

I ride the XR and have done for nearly 6 years. Some days I mow the lawn, some days I go out and boost in 30 kts. I’ve never had an issue. I don’t think Core is beyond reproach but to conclude they’re worthless money grabbers with nothing but shitty sales reps is ridiculous. Most of the negative comments are from people who feel downright offended by the price and positively triggered by the marketing. So don’t buy it! There’s hardly a lack of choice when it comes to kite brands. Do your homework and vote with your wallets. Other brands offer gear that is not far off price wise once you add it all up so I don’t get what the outrage is all about. Core keeps the total package simple, offers fewer types of kites and boards than most of their competitors but at a premium. That’s no secret and regardless of what gets said here, their growth would suggest prices are entirely justified. If you don’t like it, there’s a perfectly good switchblade on closeout somewhere. Go get that.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 am

So, we've all had our name and the brand name we rely on for our living's name dragged through the mud because a disgruntled rider didn't get an ambassador deal?

I wonder if it even happened, he never produced pictures which is the first thing we ask for as we apologise for the inconvenience and I've never seen a failed bridle not of any kite I've sold down the years, North, Slingshot, Takoon, it is a rarerity.

So here is my final question on the subject.. Let's see Pictures or it never happened.

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:05 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 am
So, we've all had our name and the brand name we rely on for our living's name dragged through the mud because a disgruntled rider didn't get an ambassador deal?
No.. you don't mean it's fake news?

The Bitch!

PinkDuotonePride
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach Cabo Verde
Style: Fabulous
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby PinkDuotonePride » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 am

PinkNorthPride wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:05 am
CaptainCore wrote:

The Bitch!
Steady now.. He's probably just an unhappy banker that can't pronounce the letter w.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 am

For those whining about prices, I live in one of the most expensive countries on earth and kiting is anything but cheap here. The following is from one of the largest surfshops in Denmark. 12m kite with top of the line bar incl. pump. Core vs. Duotone vs. Cab

Note: Duotone even adds extra cost (75 USD) for the release kit. THE RELEASE KIT. What’s a bar system without QR, I wonder?

Conversion: Euro 0.13, USD 0.15, GBP 0.12
Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 12.45.31.pdf
(978.32 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 pm

CaptainCore wrote:

I wonder if it even happened, he never produced pictures which is the first thing we ask for as we apologise for the inconvenience and I've never seen a failed bridle not of any kite I've sold down the years, North, Slingshot, Takoon, it is a rarerity.

So here is my final question on the subject.. Let's see Pictures or it never happened.
PinkNorthPride wrote:
CaptainCore wrote:

The Bitch!
PinkDuotonePride wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 am
PinkNorthPride wrote:
CaptainCore wrote:

The Bitch!
Steady now.. He's probably just an unhappy banker that can't pronounce the letter w.

Just a note to the uninformed. All three of these consecutive posts are aliases of the same Graeme Fuller. The UK Core distributor. Same guy who posting under his own name on page 11 tries to paint himself as a victim of this very type of behavior.

GraemeF wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:59 pm
It's well known that fake identity and fake issues are often used on public forums to try and discredit brands even in the odd case of a genuine issue, that this may be, (but if it is, it is in isolation), and as is always the case on this forum, there will be other brand tools weighing in.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:42 pm

newold86 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am
Two years, nine kites (Free and Section), two bars, four boards (everything from Core, of course), zero issues - what am I doing wrong ?
Sorry, but that sounds too rosy to believe (for any brand regardless)
You are either lying to sugar coat it for CORE or just don't ride often.
Same 4 years I had multiple issues with boards, kites, bars, harness (different brands, so not looking just at CORE)
I broke straps on CF TT, broke and sunk Nobile foil well within half a year of purchase, broke mystic harness (belt snapped)
Now for COREs:
- bad central valve on XR3 (replaced by warranty, so I have trace to prove)
- 2 bars replaced by warranty
- multiple line snaps (have communication with the dealer/distributor for each case, most taken care of)
- multiple central line (depower/savety) replacements (core sent me some of the replacements for free as they also agreed that those line get eaten way too fast in older bars, now they PU coat them)
- auto swivel stopped working after about 9months in 2 bars (both current and prev version)
- strut popped (don't hold it against core as I tomahawked the kite when foil got in to the lines)
- a couple of issues with QR not releasing right away (this I can't really prove, so you'd need to take my word on it)

The bar breaking a half issue (well within those 4 years) was pretty wide spread - we had 2 riders with core at that time (me and another guy) and both broke the bar. The other guy was not doing anything crazy. Could barely jump 3-4 meters and yet he broke his bar...

So yeah..your response sounds like a bit of fanboy shilling.. no offense..

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Just a note to the uninformed. All three of these consecutive posts are aliases of the same Graeme Fuller. The UK Core distributor. Same guy who posting under his own name on page 11 tries to paint himself as a victim of this very type of behavior.

GraemeF wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:59 pm
It's well known that fake identity and fake issues are often used on public forums to try and discredit brands even in the odd case of a genuine issue, that this may be, (but if it is, it is in isolation), and as is always the case on this forum, there will be other brand tools weighing in.

....So, I deal with them in the same way, fake identities and humour, there are far too many keyboard warriors with agendas driven by things like this and gone are the days when we all would meet up and laugh about the days banter on Tuesday night drinks.

And fully admitted to (highlighted in bold)on the riposte to your lies about his being banned on UK forums and the other lies about bankruptcy from the Ozone 'tool' the thing you fools don't get he's been on these forums since the dawn of kite forums, seen every lie, every deception, every fake ID, every pathetic tool who thinks he's doing his brand good by doing down another it's why most folk steer well clear of the place, because everyone in the real world knows it's bullshit and bollox nowadays and most certainly we do not consider ourselves a victim of silly american billies whining like little girls.

You.. you're just a lightweight who hasn't the nouse to get facts straight, if you're going to slander someone get it right, there's plenty on here you just have to go look, only try under Slingshot.. you might be more successful in finding something bad we said from the days when we all had a sense of humour.... Or you could just continue humping dead fish
Last edited by CaptainCore on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:13 pm

newold86 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am
Two years, nine kites (Free and Section), two bars, four boards (everything from Core, of course), zero issues - what am I doing wrong ?
Ups, just realized you posted 2 and not 4 years..
So I take my shilling/lies statements back.
You are not doing anything wrong.. and being rich is good (seems like you spent 20K USD on your gear in 2 years!!!)
with 9 kites if you do 100 sessions a year that would put 11 sessions average on each kite.. 22 for 2 years.
of course not too many people ride 100 sessions a year so those estimates are probably lower.
So yeah, riding wave kites (most wave riders rig small for the conditions) for 10-15 sessions each should cause any issues with any brand COFE included.
Chime in when you put 50 sessions average on those kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”