Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby Matteo V » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:29 pm

recoprianto wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

It is not just COREporate kites that does this. Pretty much every corporate kiteboarding company has this attitude. Same for distributors, and retailers. There may be a facade of "caring" and "supporting the sport and rider" to sucker money out of people like you (and me), but the bottom line is what matters to them because it means their survival/new car or more expensive flat.

I learned this the hard way too. But to me, this reality seems obvious now. I guess we all have to learn sometime.

Jumpy laid it out how it is back second post up from the bottom on page 10. "SUPER FANS?" - NAILED IT! Graeme F is.....well he is Graeme F - known for being less than courteous to other posters, a COREporate hack, and doubling down without any hint of an apology every single time. And it's been a long time, so I don't thing that will change. But that is not for lack of him getting called out and being given a chance to "reel it back in".
.......He may love kiting and wants to help people, but I doubt his business plan includes giving away kites to everyone that likes them. That business plan has a very short timeline.

These industry people owe you nothing. They make products; if you like them, buy them. If no one buys their products, they will make different products or go into another business. If they like what you are doing on their products, they might give you incentive to do more on their products. Plain and simple.

You put this better than I will in my following post. I have cut the first part off of your reply off to highlight the second, not to take it out of context. So I encourage readers here to go back and examine your original post for your lead in. But you made my point for me.

Thanks!

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:44 pm

k2thiago wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:41 pm
Do you guys realize no matter what if the OP had an agenda or he was just honestly complaining, the damage that all this ridiculous discussion, calling names and blaming game is causing to Core image is waaaay worse than his initial complain? If he actually had a plan to "hurt" Core, damn he was really successfull, but because of yours.
Have you read Graeme F's (aka Captain Core and several other screen names) posts? Core is not doing themselves in any worse than any other COREporate kiteboarding company would. But this guy is the issue that makes me wonder what Core is thinking with them having him as a distributor for an entire country.

And DEFINETLY let fellow kiters know when there is an issue with kite gear. I am sure there is one or possibly two kiteboarding companies out there who have not swept things under the rug, but I could only guess as to which one(s). Every single COREporate kiteboarding company that I can think of off the top of my head has put BS out there for the kite community to swallow. North - 6PSI inflation on their kites is total BS as no one uses the kite at that low inflation. Best - defective parts and defective design of their chicken loop 2011-2013 no recall. Ozone - disintegrating stopper balls in cold weather on snow kites but no parts available and a US distributor who tells you to FO (well, ex-distributor anyway - circa 2009-2011 - so Graeme, heads up).

These companies don't give a s--t about us beyond their bottom line. Yes, there may be a few team riders or a previously involved owner that cares, but once the gear gets to us (after we give them money), we are sent to a warranty department who's goal is to keep warranty claims to a minimum.

I love that a free market gives access to gear that kite companies do all the R&D for. And the motivation for that expensive R&D is competition. No other system could have taken kiteboarding as far as it has come in the past 20 years. The other ways would not have worked. A fully controlled and planned economy would have yielded NO KITEBOARDING as it would have been deemed unnecessary. A fully regulated economy would have seen maybe one kiteboarding company with ridiculously expensive and lousy gear lacking innovation.

So we are in the best place for kiteboarding. But it is not a perfect and carefree situation. We have to be responsible and call out those COREporations that disregard our safety, the safety of bystanders, and access to our beaches that faulty gear poses a danger to. And since the COREporate mentality of nearly every kiteboarding COREporation is "Send money or f--k you", we have to provide a disincentive for them in sending us junk gear. Don't be a "super fan" as jumpy said. Call them out. We need to tell COREporate kiteboarding, "Send me reliable, safe, and durable gear for the money we send them, or f--k you - right back at ya". That is what the OP is doing, and some are rightly questioning him. But the warning has been issued. If someone else has this issue, do the right thing and let the kitboarding community know. You may take some heat here, but it could save your beach, or a beach you will visit one day - from having kiteboarding banned because a COREporation was more worried about their bottom line than the user.

And again, thanks to recoprianto for putting it more simply than I could have (see previous post).

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm

tautologies wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 pm
the story seems plausible when you know that the pulley might be the culprit.
The solution would be easy here. Brand could ship via normal postage service. So a slight additional effort would go along way here.
OP, check your pulley.
He said the pulleys are fine

His breakage happened on late Thursday
Core USA did not have in stock what he needed when contacted
His payment for order came through Saturday mid afternoon
But he wanted the parts shipped Friday !!
Core USA sent order to Germany to ship Express Monday to get parts to OP on Wednesday

Core has 4 current models right now in about 10 sizes that have all different size bridles... Parts : A1..B2...E1 has the pulleys

If his breakage had happened Sunday late...
..then Monday after paying his order early it could have shipped same day or next ( it's 6 hours later over there ) from Germany and still get to OP on Wed or Thurs

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:47 am

PullStrings wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm
His breakage happened on late Thursday
Core USA did not have in stock what he needed when contacted
His payment for order came through Saturday mid afternoon
But he wanted the parts shipped Friday !!
Core USA sent order to Germany to ship Express Monday to get parts to OP on Wednesday

Core has 4 current models right now in about 10 sizes that have all different size bridles... Parts : A1..B2...E1 has the pulleys

If his breakage had happened Sunday late...
..then Monday after paying his order early it could have shipped same day or next ( it's 6 hours later over there ) from Germany and still get to OP on Wed or Thurs
Yeah, that isn't exactly long processing time. If they ship express it'll be more than just postage. I thought the problem was that the only way to get the bridle was via paying shipping of $30. If the pulley is fine then forget me in this thread. I got nothing to contribute. :thumb:

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:20 am

Not to worry, At this point nobody does.

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 am

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:44 pm
k2thiago wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:41 pm
Do you guys realize no matter what if the OP had an agenda or he was just honestly complaining, the damage that all this ridiculous discussion, calling names and blaming game is causing to Core image is waaaay worse than his initial complain? If he actually had a plan to "hurt" Core, damn he was really successfull, but because of yours.
Have you read Graeme F's (aka Captain Core and several other screen names) posts? Core is not doing themselves in any worse than any other COREporate kiteboarding company would. But this guy is the issue that makes me wonder what Core is thinking with them having him as a distributor for an entire country.

And DEFINETLY let fellow kiters know when there is an issue with kite gear. I am sure there is one or possibly two kiteboarding companies out there who have not swept things under the rug, but I could only guess as to which one(s). Every single COREporate kiteboarding company that I can think of off the top of my head has put BS out there for the kite community to swallow. North - 6PSI inflation on their kites is total BS as no one uses the kite at that low inflation. Best - defective parts and defective design of their chicken loop 2011-2013 no recall. Ozone - disintegrating stopper balls in cold weather on snow kites but no parts available and a US distributor who tells you to FO (well, ex-distributor anyway - circa 2009-2011 - so Graeme, heads up).

These companies don't give a s--t about us beyond their bottom line. Yes, there may be a few team riders or a previously involved owner that cares, but once the gear gets to us (after we give them money), we are sent to a warranty department who's goal is to keep warranty claims to a minimum.

I love that a free market gives access to gear that kite companies do all the R&D for. And the motivation for that expensive R&D is competition. No other system could have taken kiteboarding as far as it has come in the past 20 years. The other ways would not have worked. A fully controlled and planned economy would have yielded NO KITEBOARDING as it would have been deemed unnecessary. A fully regulated economy would have seen maybe one kiteboarding company with ridiculously expensive and lousy gear lacking innovation.

So we are in the best place for kiteboarding. But it is not a perfect and carefree situation. We have to be responsible and call out those COREporations that disregard our safety, the safety of bystanders, and access to our beaches that faulty gear poses a danger to. And since the COREporate mentality of nearly every kiteboarding COREporation is "Send money or f--k you", we have to provide a disincentive for them in sending us junk gear. Don't be a "super fan" as jumpy said. Call them out. We need to tell COREporate kiteboarding, "Send me reliable, safe, and durable gear for the money we send them, or f--k you - right back at ya". That is what the OP is doing, and some are rightly questioning him. But the warning has been issued. If someone else has this issue, do the right thing and let the kitboarding community know. You may take some heat here, but it could save your beach, or a beach you will visit one day - from having kiteboarding banned because a COREporation was more worried about their bottom line than the user.

And again, thanks to recoprianto for putting it more simply than I could have (see previous post).
That

That was a big text mate... But i totally agree. The problem with the post, imho, was the lack of maturity/profissionalism of some of the involved. I can’t comprehend how a company let it get that far, you know? Problems with warranty, parts, unsatisfied customers etc, are not exclusive of kitesurfing, but it is the first time that I see something like that going so far in public and becoming a person(s) to person problem, without the brand taking a pro active action to finish it. In my groups and local spots this became one of the main conversation theme, how ridiculous this “soap opera” become. Thats a big shame.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:47 am

OP could have repaired his broken bridle and be back on the water not missing any wind while the parts were on the way

Cut clean 5 inches off each side of the break

Create a strong bowline knot at each cut ends leaving a one inch loop

Get a 16 inches non-stretch line that will fit through the pulley and put double FIG. 8 knots at the end

Lark head the bowline one inch loops to attach against the knots

Measure the other side bridle that did not break and make adjustment to double fig.8 knots to make a match...but make an inch shorter because because repair knots will tighten up

Before OP started to kite you could service a 2007 Waroo by simply replacing the worn line....it was pretty good idea...you did not have to replace the whole bridle

So he could have done something similar that would be plenty strong ...about an 1/2 hour job

Here are some pics that shows the " serviceable replacement line " and a kite where you can see on the ground how it looked attached to the bridle

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 am

knotwindy wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:20 am
Not to worry, At this point nobody does.
Bullshit.. try small exercise..
order B2 bridle line for 12m (average size) from CORE to any US address.. the shipping is 35 EUR..
Now try UPS from CORE home town in Germany to any US address.. 1 kilo parcel goes for 18EUR
that B2 Bridle is nower near 1 kilo!!!
now try to order some cheap $40 tablet from gearbest China.. YES! Free delivery from freaking China!
Yes! you can get a computer from china cheaper than a shoelace from Germany!
So hear we go! sure CORE as a company can do that..
but US consumers have the right to know...

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:46 am

Yea, we all get it already. Do you know the saying, Beating a dead horse?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:46 am
Yea, we all get it already. Do you know the saying, Beating a dead horse?
The expression "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted" springs to mind.

Return to “Kitesurfing”