Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

forum for kitesurfers

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:25 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm
ulukaya wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Here's some pictures, are you happy now?
I am indeed.. Clearly an example of complete over stress. Whatever you did there it's not a manufacturing defect. I can't imagine how you did it, but it was most certainly NOT in normal flying circumstance.
Not in normal flying circumstances? Perhaps you missed this earlier post in the thread:
deniska wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:53 am
for me, XR3,4,5 bridles don't last more than 6 months.
The white mushy stuff start to come out blocking the pulleys.
This could be in part mitigated by rotating them as the wear is not symmetrical.
I never let it to the point that it snapped.. but as I said it's definitely a recurring problem with XR line.
I also have an ozone kite and after 2-3 years the bridles are going strong (I did change to bladders though :-) )
While I was on XR3 it was a non-issue as it was fast and easy to get ORIGINAL replacements from local dealers (no stupid international fees)
I hit my first bump with XR4 bridles.. OP referenced my thread above.. In short: the local distributor wanted to slam me with higher prices and $30+ shipping..I did my research and placed my order on CORE website, which ended up ~20-30 bucks cheaper than local dealers.. cool, right! No.. CORE refused to fulfill (after order was placed already) and sent my order to local dealer who, wanted more money... They made it up to me (I got those bridles for free, after some bitchin').. but looks like they did bumped up the shipping fees from 15 to 35EUR!!!
This does not make sense, imho.. There should be an economy option, if shipped from Germany. I don't care if it takes 2-4weeks but 35EUR shipping for 2 shoelaces that cost less than 20EUR is just insane!!! paying $50-60 for 2 short bridles every half year is just NUTS!.. Don't get me started on snapping safety line that is PU covered so you have no clue when it's going to happen.. so after snapping 2 I just replace them every 6 months too.. so this "line" service business can cost you $200 year easy, on small stuff, not your actual flying lines...

CaptainCore
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core GTS4 & XR5
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:32 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:25 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm
ulukaya wrote:
I am indeed.. Clearly an example of complete over stress. Whatever you did there it's not a manufacturing defect. I can't imagine how you did it, but it was most certainly NOT in normal flying circumstance.
Not in normal flying circumstances? Perhaps you missed this earlier post in the thread:
deniska wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:53 am
for me, XR3,4,5 bridles don't last more than 6 months.
The white mushy stuff start to come out blocking the pulleys.
This could be in part mitigated by rotating them as the wear is not symmetrical.
I never let it to the point that it snapped.. but as I said it's definitely a recurring problem with XR line.
I also have an ozone kite and after 2-3 years the bridles are going strong (I did change to bladders though :-) )
While I was on XR3 it was a non-issue as it was fast and easy to get ORIGINAL replacements from local dealers (no stupid international fees)
I hit my first bump with XR4 bridles.. OP referenced my thread above.. In short: the local distributor wanted to slam me with higher prices and $30+ shipping..I did my research and placed my order on CORE website, which ended up ~20-30 bucks cheaper than local dealers.. cool, right! No.. CORE refused to fulfill (after order was placed already) and sent my order to local dealer who, wanted more money... They made it up to me (I got those bridles for free, after some bitchin').. but looks like they did bumped up the shipping fees from 15 to 35EUR!!!
This does not make sense, imho.. There should be an economy option, if shipped from Germany. I don't care if it takes 2-4weeks but 35EUR shipping for 2 shoelaces that cost less than 20EUR is just insane!!! paying $50-60 for 2 short bridles every half year is just NUTS!.. Don't get me started on snapping safety line that is PU covered so you have no clue when it's going to happen.. so after snapping 2 I just replace them every 6 months too.. so this "line" service business can cost you $200 year easy, on small stuff, not your actual flying lines...

CaptainCore
Medium Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Perhaps you should read it nice person, it talks of wear, not sudden catastrophic failure as is the case in those bridles. Apart from lying, and asking me for a deal on kites in the background you have contributed nothing but bollox to this thread, go fly kites for your bleach company, you people are just unbelievable.

jumptheshark
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Atta buoy Cap! You've almost got them on that there rope. Just another couple rounds and I'm sure the judges will see it your way.

P.S. No one gives a shit if it was a windsurfing or kiting forum. Your infamous on both.

CaptainCore
Medium Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:57 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm
Atta buoy Cap! You've almost got them on that there rope. Just another couple rounds and I'm sure the judges will see it your way.

P.S. No one gives a shit if it was a windsurfing or kiting forum. Your infamous on both.
Ah the dead fish botherer, I'm infamous in real life as well, but I'll be sober in the morning and you'll still be ugly.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 pm
Perhaps you should read it nice person, it talks of wear, not sudden catastrophic failure as is the case in those bridles.
Catastrophic failure follows unnoticed unexpected wear.
Apart from lying
No lies, the truth is clear in public and UK government websites.
and asking me for a deal on kites in the background
You really are naive if you believe that after having made it perfectly clear that I would neither use monochrome kites neither would I use kites with pulleys that I would fly Core kites.
you have contributed nothing but bollox to this thread, go fly kites for your bleach company, you people are just unbelievable.
Keep digging. :thumb:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Here's a happy fact :

If you were an Ambassador for Core you would not have started this thread at all

You would have waited patiently for replacement parts and kept to yourself

But instead you chose to act like an a**hole....oh well

CaptainCore
Medium Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Perhaps you should read it nice person, it talks of wear, not sudden catastrophic failure as is the case in those bridles.

Look at the pictures, there is no wear. Just failure from a single point load with the hint of a cut. Much as you might wish it, this is not a case of wear and tear, it's not even a case of failure due to defect. You keyboard warriors with all your experience... Know the square root of diddly squat.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 pm
iriejohn wrote:
CaptainCore wrote:

Look at the pictures, there is no wear. Just failure from a single point load with the hint of a cut. Much as you might wish it, this is not a case of wear and tear, it's not even a case of failure due to defect. You keyboard warriors with all your experience... Know the square root of diddly squat.
What do think was the cause of the failures?

CaptainCore
Medium Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 pm
iriejohn wrote:

What do think was the cause of the failures?
It's fairly obvious what I think, but being charitable, the line was snagged in a previous launch incident but didn't fail, and or failed the next time, but it was almost certainly snagged on something sharp to breach the woven outer and to sufficient depth that the inner core was also compromised in one incident. Outside chance? High point or swarf on the pulley in which case it'll happen again almost immediately and that should be replaced. Ever tried cutting a bridle without a hot knife or surgical scalpel?

Return to “Kitesurfing”