Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dreaming About Kiteboarding

Forum for kitesurfers
ThickAir
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Dreaming About Kiteboarding

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I've been kiting for 12 years now and can honestly say that some of the best moments of my life have been on the water. So many sessions where everything is flowing, conditions are perfect and I'm riding very well.

Why is it, then, that whenever I have a dream about kiting, it's never about actually riding? It's always about not being able to get to the beach because of some weird diversion or getting there and I'm missing some gear or people keep interrupting me when I'm trying to rig up. Does anyone else have this problem? It's honestly a little bizarre and super frustrating.

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Re: Dreaming About Kiteboarding

Postby BOEMIX » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Hahaha

So I'm not the only one having that kiteboarding illnes :lol:

Sometimes I also have a nightmares like that.

Kite and board in hands ready to hit the water, and the water just goes away and the more you want to hit it the more it goes away, and only a dry and salty desert was left when there was the sea just seconds before!

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Kite and board in hands ready to hit the water, and the water just goes away and the more you want to hit it the more it goes away, and only a dry and salty desert was left when there was the sea just seconds before!

Haha, that's a good one. Glad to know it's not only me having frustrating dreams. It's weird because I'm not a pessimistic person at all.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 pm

That’s just the small back part of your brain that wants you to be a well rounded Healthy person telling you to go find something else worthwhile to do. ignore it, it’s just the price of addiction.

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”