Neo bridle setting

Forum for kitesurfers
johan h
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Neo bridle setting

Postby johan h » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Does anybody know how the Neo A (high depower, freeride) and B (medium depower, wave) bridle settings effect the low end and up wind performance of the kite?

atomic-chomik
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The wild west
Style: Freeride/Surf
Gear: North Dice 8 and 10m
North Neo 12m
OR Prodigy 7m
OR Prodigy 9.5.
OR Prodigy 12m
2014 Rebel 5m and 8m
OR 17M Flite
OR Duke
Cabrinha Phenom 5'8
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Neo bridle setting

Postby atomic-chomik » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 am

Ok ill try. From my experience, the wave setting creates a more grunty kite-more bottom end, better drift(increased AOA?) but less top end before it starts pulling too hard. The free ride setting(A)- goes really good upwind, jumps good, better top end.
They both go upwind well, but you have to adjust accordingly which is another discussion.

M

unbob
Medium Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
La Ventana
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
The Gorge
Style: Free/surf
Gear: Vader 5'1"
North Neo 6/8/10m
Has thanked: 0

Postby unbob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:07 am

Just to be clear, if I'm not mistaken, the blue attachment point is the "high depower, freeride" setting and the yellow attachment point is the "wave/default" setting.

I've tried both settings and the most apparent difference I've noticed is the blue setting helps in gusty wind to "soften" any high "punchy" gusts. I'd say it makes the kite "kinder & gentler". However, in my experience this is a subtle - not huge difference. Otherwise, no big difference in performance.

vela99
Frequent Poster
Weight: 74
Style: Wave Kitesurfing
Gear: North Neo 6, 8 & 11, Appletree Applepeeler 5 7" and Gong Lethal 5 6"

Postby vela99 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

The wave setting makes the kite sit deeper in the wind window due to front bridle positioning.
So more grunty but less high wind. Because of this it also does not fly as far to the wind window edge as in the freeride setting resulting in slightly reduced upwind performance.

Return to “Kitesurfing”