Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: North Valves: Continuing a sad story

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:49 am

Topaz wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 pm
that valve in the picture isn't the old Cab's that you have to screw on? It works, but it has double screw.
I like the Naish inflating valve. At least until 2015. I don't know if they changed it lately. Just push it in, then pump, then screw in the lid. It works every time. No twisting, no double screw.
Yes, screw it in then bayonet on the pump, then screw on the lid. Unscrew the body to deflate. No adapter needed.

Those Naish valves still need screwing and unscrewing when deflating, and the advantage of just poking the pump adapter in is lost when it keeps popping out. Unless you mean the older nipple valves then bloody hell you must be masochistic!

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vannibombonato » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Evo 7m 2017 here, 2 repairs in one vacation but valve on a strut is always leaking. The kite has 30 sessions max on it.

On the flip side, I am now riding my wife’s 7m Rebel (which is obviously my old kite...), I think it’s 2014-15 and still rocking despite an infinite amount of kamikaze crashes while learning loops.

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Topaz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:49 am
Topaz wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 pm
that valve in the picture isn't the old Cab's that you have to screw on? It works, but it has double screw.
I like the Naish inflating valve. At least until 2015. I don't know if they changed it lately. Just push it in, then pump, then screw in the lid. It works every time. No twisting, no double screw.
Yes, screw it in then bayonet on the pump, then screw on the lid. Unscrew the body to deflate. No adapter needed.

Those Naish valves still need screwing and unscrewing when deflating, and the advantage of just poking the pump adapter in is lost when it keeps popping out. Unless you mean the older nipple valves then bloody hell you must be masochistic!
You're right! I forgot about unscrewing it to deflate. Still two screws.

Once you learn the right push force, they usually don't come out. And the valve seems to be made out of very hard plastic, so it seems unlikely to damage the valve by pushing too much.

No, screw those old nipples. haha! I guess we all have had enough of those.

Return to “Kitesurfing”